cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal catalog in USD - SC total in different currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have a situation where a PO created for Chile is using an Internal Catalog for a US vendor and the line item is in $US but the total order is in CLP (Chilean Pesos).   Can someone tell me where/how the system is determining to convert the line item amount to a CLP for the total?   I assume because the Pur. Org or the user is linked to Chile that is influencing the total.  I'm surprised the system is allowing the line item currency and the total currency to be different. 

When the PO is created in ECC (from SRM)  it is created with a currency of USD and if I go to invoice it it is also in USD although the company code is for Chile.   So I'm still not sure why in SRM the order total is in CLP.  

Thoughts?

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I believe what you are seeing is correct, i.e. the line item can be entered with currency EUR/USD etc but the total will be taken and converted to the currency of the purchasing organization of the user.

This to my knowledge is the standard SRM response.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

That is a good news/bad news answer.   I fear that now we will have to further customize to make that total (currency) to match the line item currency.  

Thanks so much for your quick response.

Sandra

Answers (0)