Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit customizing changes are overwritten

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Solman 7.0 EHP1 SP24.

We have completed out of the box charm configuration and currently testing retrofit feature. In retrofit screen, for customizing change requests, the light shows green but when changes are retrofitted to project DEV it overwrites the config without any warning. Shouldn't the light be yellow instead of green ? Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

When I compare the view being changed in SCMP, I can see the differences between maintenance and project DEV clients, but retrofit screen still show green light.

0 Kudos

Well ... everything is ok with this behaviour. When the customizing request in the retrofit  screen shows the green light  in status  retrofit critical then no objects on the retrofit system was  changed by  user. Therefore we can create an transport  of  copies  and  imort  them directly into the retrofit system when retrofit was processed. The new customizing  overwrites the old one . This works as designed and is no error. You want to deliver customizing  from maintenance  to implementation project and  if in implementation project nothing was changed in the customizing  you can directly import  the customizing  from maintenance into the implementation dev-system.

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

I should have been more clear. What I meant but did not state that I am seeing same behavior that you explained for a conflicting customizing change as well. For example I made two different changes to same Region in maintenance and implementation. When I retrofit, it doesn't show yellow light and overwrites implementation changes. What am I missing. Any ideas?

TIA