Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDDIMPDP processes hang

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I triggered import of some transport requests at the same time using synchroneous mode. The transport hung. I went to Import Monitor to delete all running import processes and now it is empty. When I check SM50, there were many RDDIMPDP processes running with status Read TRBAT. I am unable to delete the entries in TRBAT as the deletion transaction also hang.

Its been a few hours and the RDDIMPDP processes are still there. No new transport can be imported now. How can I delete the RDDIMPDP processes?

Rdgs,

Lim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

We copied default profile from the message server to \usr\sap\trans\bin and points system_pf to the new default profile location. Now SLOG doesn't show anymore errors.

For the hanging RDDIMPDP processes, we restarted the SAP system and they no longer appear.

Thanks all for the support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To start kill the processes running RDDIMPDP. have you checked if your redologs are full?... there must be a reason for them to hang. Check the import monitor again and the tp system log.

Regards, Juan

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

I running SQLServer on MSCS. The trans work directory is not full.

SLOG shows many occurrences of:

ERROR:       The following call returned with exit code 7:

ERROR:         sapevt.exe SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP -t name=KEP

ERROR:       Background jobs cannot be started.

ERROR:       Please check trace file dev_evt.

dev_evt on one cluster node show cannot determine mshost. On another cluster node running a dialog instance, there was no error on dev_evt.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like a problem like this was answered before.

Check,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1300248

Regards, Juan

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

I did set in the tp parameter file:

SYSTEM_PF = \\<sap cluster virtual hostname>\sapmnt\KEP\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL

Initially there was a typo error. Then I corrected the path to the default profile but didn't restart the SAP system. I noticed in slog the type error is still there. As a result one of the node was not able to start the background job. My questions are:

- why does this problem happend to only one cluster node and not both cluster nodes?

- if slog reported that sapevt is unable to start the background job in one of the nodes, why is it in SM50, I see so many hanging RDDIMPDP processes in both nodes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional to SYSTEM_PF parameter, set CTC = 1 also.

2). In the STMS -->System Overview --> goto COmmunication tab and see whether you have right "target Host", if you have message server, try to provide application server and check again.

Above point should be your issue.

former_member323185
Participant
0 Kudos

When I set CTC = 1, I can no longer import transports in STMS. I can only specify the target client for each transports. The truck icon for importing no longer appears in STMS.

Message server is set to the cluster virtual hostname. TMS rfc connection has no problem communicating within the transport domain.

The issue I think is because sapevt is using the wrong default profile. As mentioned above, I set SYSTEM_PF to the default profile in my production system. However when I check slog, sapevt is trying to access \\<cluster virutal hostname>\sapmnt\KEP\SYS\profile\DEFAUL.PFL instead of

\\<cluster virutal hostname>\sapmnt\KEP\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL.

Initially while setting SYSTEM_PF, I typed the default profile name wrongly to 'DEFAUL.PFL'. After correcting it to 'DEFAULT.PFL', sapevt is still trying to use the wrong profile name. Restarting the SAP system doesn't help.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CTC=1 in tp profile , that is for extended transport control which you may not be using .

Can you see the transport requests in the STSM queue?

If yes , then click on the status truck icon and delete them .

In SM66 , double click on each process and cancel program.

Delete entries from TRBAT and TRJOB. Also check if TMSTLOCKR table has any entries.

in /usr/sap/trans/tmp delete any <SID>.LOB file .

Check if any tp process is running in the OS level.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lim,

In addition to above recommandations, please go through following note:-

Note 449270 - Job RDDIMPDP is not
triggered by sapevt

Regards,

Vishal