cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO_ML_BEL ARCHIVING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to archive CO_ML_BEL. During the write session, instance stopped and write job canceled. I want to start write job from beginning point to correctly delete data. How can i do that?

Regards,

Fatih

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can simply resume or create a new write job, as long as the deletion has not been executed the data still stands on the same place.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i create a new job, will this job start from beginning point, or will this job continue from the point that the old job canceled? For example complete write job is 8 gb. At the point 5 gb written job is canceled. Will it write 3 gb or 8gb? Should i delete arc files that the canceled job cretaed from operating system?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fatih,

As far as I remember if you resume your write job it should take it from where it dropped. But I can't honestly remember. You can keep an eye on your transfer directory to see how it behaves.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Juan stated with "resume" the job should continue, "create a new job" should start from scratch.

In both cases deletion will just start when writing finished successfully, so this should be no problem at all.

To be safe, I would propose to backup already written data to a temporary directory (for the case system does something weird and files become unsusable).

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How will i resume job? Will i resume it from sara tcode? I don't know how to resume canceled job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fatih,

I believe to remember that the system gives you the choice when you start the archiving job - either to resume an existing one or to restart from scratch.

But as some time has passed when I was in contact with SARA, I'm not fully sure if this is correct.

Regards,

Peter

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go to SARA (Select your Arch. Object) -> Management to see the status of your session.

Check if you can resume the job from there or from SARA -> Write. if you can't simply run a new WRITE job.

Regards, Juan