cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDOC scenario facing the issue with the value like 5.342E-07

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on Exchange rate file to IDOC.

in that i need to get the data from file and pass it to IDOC.

Here i am facing issue for the values like in the file 5.342E-07

Please help me to resolve when this type of data comes in the file. 

More over I need to use 1/X functionality also which is 1/5.342E-07 not acceptable.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabu,

We can send  5.342E-07 kind of exponetial values to ECC but if you want number value then you have to write a logic.

Better to check with your functional team to identify he equal number value for  5.342E-07 then implement mapping logic in PI.

If you already knew the logic then let us know we will help you out to build mapping logic to handle this kind of exponential values.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is in the that was given by business these types of values are comming.

As per my understanding you mean to say the same value that we can post to IDOC as 5.342E-07 ???

one more question is before sending the value to IDOC, i need to do 1/x...wchich is not possible with this value.....

i don't think functional will help in this.........please help if anybody come across these situations..

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabu,

first you have to convert 5.342E-07 value to number, after that you have to do 1/x.

or

pass 5.342E-07 value to IDoc and request ABAP team to write a logic in IDoc level to convert 5.342E-07 to number and devide by 1/x.

But only tricky here identifying the logic to convert number 5.342E-07.

Regards,

Raj

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can convert this scientific notation to "normal" decimal numbers with a little UDF:

BigDecimal myNumber = new BigDecimal(input);

double myDouble = myNumber.doubleValue();

reutrn myDouble;

Additionally, you have to import the java.math.BigDecimal.

After the UDF, you can use the converted value normally, both for target IDoc and for further calculations.

Regards,

Greg