cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic determination of batch split not happening in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Automatic batch split is not happening is not working in our delivery . Only if we split manually in delivery we are able to split the batch otherwise its not happening automatically. Given below is an example :

Product A - Batch A - 100 Qty - Plant A - Storage location A

Product A - Batch B - 100 Qty - Plant A - Storage location A

Now we booked a sales order for 120 nos of Product A from Plant A  & Storage location A . While creating delivery document , delivery qty 120 is not getting splitted automatically like Batch A - 100 Qty & Batch B - 20 Qty . However, i am able to manually split the batch.

I maintained delivery item category determination ( LF - NORM - CHSP - - TAN ) . Class and characteristics are maintained in material master.

Activated batch management in Material master, Activated batch determination at delivery document level. But still the same issue.

How do we split batch automatically ? Pl help.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check  whether you have maintained the Condition record for the search strategy.

T-code VCH1 here maintain  the condition record

Please maintian the record as shown

Hopefully this will help

Thanks

RB

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot .....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I maintained the condition records in VCH1 and Sort sequence prior to order booking. However, i don't find automatic batch split during delivery . Pl suggest

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Automatic batch split is not enabled in standard SAP unless there is material deficit in one of the batches.

If you have to do the automatic batch split, it will happen only when the material wanted is more than the material available in any of the single batch. In that case, the system does the batch split based on the quantity of unreserved material batches available. In all the other cases, you have to manually split each line items to different batch items in delivery.

Your VCH3 or batch determination strategies wont help you much if there is no deficit of material in a single batch.