cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem displaying table rows in text edit.

former_member202020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to display a report output. I am getting the report in a table's TDLINE field. I am displaying the report in text edit in dynpro screen by looping at this table and concatenating each line giving "/n". The problem I am facing is that whatever be the input to the BAPI, I am getting only 22 rows in the table when it is run from portal. When I execute the application by putting a HTTP-breakpoint at the end of BAPI code (Also, I checked for the number of rows in the output table from BAPI in this case(during debugging from dynpro)..it is 56), then the output is coming corect (i.e 56).But when I execute it directly, whatever be the input it gives only 22 rows. The BAPI works fine standalone.

we have tried puting commit and wait inside the BAPI, so that it saves any unsaved data in backend. but doesnt help.

Please suggest any possible reasons for this problem.

thanks in advance,

Uma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi uma,

Use the below code to display the data in HTML format in an external window and check if the bapi is returning the complete data. if it displays the complete data in HTML format then check out what is the MAX characters that a text Edit can handle.

byte[] pdfData;

ByteBuffer buffer = new ByteBuffer();

create the node

for (int i = 0; i < pdfnode.size(); i++) {

buffer.append(pdfnode.get<nodename>.getTDLINE());

}

IWDCachedWebResource webReSource =

WDWebResource.getWebResource(

buffer.toByteArray(),

WDWebResourceType.html);

Regards,

Gopi

Regards,

Gopi

former_member202020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

How to check the MAX characters that a text Edit can handle?

thanks

Uma.

former_member202020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I dont think the MAX characters that a text Edit can handle , is the reason for this. Because when I run it by setting a HTTP-breakpoint it gives all the rows. so text edit allows all. Also, to check whether complete data is being passed to portal, isn't it enough if we see the output node size? I am getting the table size as 22 only. So I thought the problem might lie in BAPI side, some adjustment has to be done probably to show all the rows in dynpro (in this case)?

waiting for any pointers,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uma,

We had a similar problem during a project. I do not know the complete details, because our ABAP guys solved it. I do know that it had something to do with the transaction concept. It was solved by doing a commit from the web dynpro if I remember correctly. So maybe you should look deeper into that.

Regards,

Christophe