cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Multiple Documents into Single PDF Document in Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am bit stuck in a typical scenario in Adobe Forms- PDF Forms.

Scenario:

I have multiple items in Internal table and for each line item 2 Pages should be displayed. For achieving this I have written the below logic.

Loop at Itab into wa_itab.

Call Function Module for ADOBE FORM

Endloop.

For Example :--   

There are 2 Items in my internal table, I am getting the desired Output. Now as discussed for each item there should be 2 pages. So for 1st Item I am getting 2 pages and for 2nd Item I am getting 2 Pages. But the Output is like: First set of 2 pages appear and then After Clicking on 'Next Document' Button Second set of two pages appear. And My requirement is that 4 pages should appear simultaneously(just by scrolling down and No need of 'Next document' button in print Preview) Also due to this If I am trying to Print also then also I have to give print commands seperately for each document.

I want that 4 pages should print simultaneously.

Can we Merge the Two/Multiple documents into Single Document.?

-> I have checked in SDN but did not get any proper sulution to this problem.

Pls guide and put in your comments/Solution. I desperately need a Solution.

Thanks ..

With Regards

Abhishek banerjee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

krish469
Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow below document

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/How+to+assemble+PDF+form+pages+into+one+file

or

Execute Standard program - FP_CHECK_BATCH_PDF_RETURN

with parameters

Bundle Mode  =  M

Check All forms in One PDF

Check Merge for Large PDFs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at report FP_CHECK_BATCH_PDF_RETURN.

• Bundle Mode: M
  • All forms  in one pdf: X

It is necessary to call subroutine RETRIEVE_PDF_TABLE after pdf creation and once again after function FP_JOB_CLOSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

ADS doesn't provide "Merge" function so far. You could revoke a web service to merge them. But it is not simple and such merge APIs by java or what ever doesn't support the newest PDF-features 100% (e.g. the interactive fields) .

I suggest that you shoud disable the preview dialog and print all items directly(set parameter REQIMM = 'X').

Alternatively, you can make a copy and check if you could change the form so that you should make page break in the form template.

Cheers.

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tao for the reply..

But by saying "Merge" I mean that currently I am getting 2 sets of 2 pages each(4 pages in total). But they are coming by clicking on "Next document". So i want that 4 pages should display one after the other.

I have checked in SDN and found that SFPOUTPUTPARAMS-ASSEMBLE field can be used to achieve these type of scenario. But unfortunately I am not able to find the correct way to implement it.

Pls provide any suggestion / comments.

Thanks

Abhishek banerjee