cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in PPM/PDS CIF to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in SAP APO. I am trying to CIF Master Data. I have complete Location, and Material, now I am going through PPM. My question is If i go to CFM1 for generation model for PPM/PDS and I do mark check on PPM so do I have to mark the check on Material or just PPM or Do I check on BOM with PPM.

Check on BOM is necessary everytime with when you CIF PPM/PDS or it's dependent on the Material. How do I come to know that that PPM/PDS should be CIFed with BOM or not. And also Let me know, Do we use Phantom assembly in APO for planning?

THANKS

SHAAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan,

First of all, material BOM is not a mandatory input for planning in APO. If you are required to support phantom assembly requirements, then you need them in APO. However, SAP recommends to maintain a separate integration model to CIF material BOMs. So, don't select BOM option in the same model that you defined for PPM or PDS.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rejesh,

Many thanks for your help. Let me ask few more things:

If It is required to support Phantom assembly for planning in APO,

First how do I come to know it is required?

Should it be attached with its material?

For transition point of view, if we do have to transfer phantom assembly, so do we select BOM check in CMF1 menu?

When we check mark BOM in CFM1 menu, and click on left-arrow for filter, it doesn't ask which material of this BOM is. it just ask PDS type, usage and alternative. So How the APO system will recognize that which BOM relate to which material?

I would appreciate your answers for my help. These question just raised up my mind, perhaps it may not be related to APO function.

Thanks a Lot

Shaan

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan,

If you use phantom assemblies in ECC, then it is required to be supported in APO (again based on business requirement).

In CFM1, top right corner, you can see generic filters such as material, plant, material type, MRP type, etc, These filters will be applicable to all cases i.e. you can use them for your BOM. The left-arrow symbol (further restrictions) are object specific and allow you to further restrict the search based on context object.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (0)