Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI message priortization

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on a high priority interface. So i am configuring the message prioritzation for that interface using

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20bb9649-e86e-2910-7aa9-88ed4972a...

The intention is the Inbound message should take the XBT1* queue which is a high priority Q for Inbound message and Outbound msg for the same interface should take XBTA* which is high priority outbound Q.

My question is how do I test this....how do i make the queues(SMQ2/SMQ1) go in error/stop while the interface is running so that I can chk if the queues XBT1* and XBTA* are used at runtime ??

Thanks

Hema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

You can deregister the required queue in SMQR for a while to see that messages are put there (they will not be processed further). Then, once you register the queue again, they will be processed.

Regards,

Greg

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for a very excellent answer...

..i tried making the Queues inactive and tested and it worked...i mean i can see that the inbound messages are stuck in XBT1* and outbound msg are stuck in XBTA*

but just one dount the queue XBTA* for me is appearing in SMQ2 ( which is supposed to be for inbound queues ) why is that so....should not it appear in SMQ1???

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hema,

I would call it... mysterious Here is what SAP training materials say about that:

After a message from the inbound queue has been read, logical routing takes place and, if necessary, the message is “split”. Next, the message is placed in an outbound queue. The outbound queues serve as “inbound queues” for the processing steps mapping and technical routing of the pipeline.

So clearly, inbound and outbound are from PI's perspective. However, I have just checked my system and messages having errors in mapping are stuck in inbound, not outbound queue, which is opposite to what the quotation above says...

Regards,

Greg

Answers (0)