cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM installation hung at reading control.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to install CRM 7.1, but when I run pre requisite checker, sapinst hangs at the first screen stating : 'Reading control file /tmp/CRMRhP1/LM/PRC/control.xml'

I've checked there are no sapinst logs formed yet, and ownership/permission of oracle has been set to orasid:dba recursively.

I don't understand why this is happening. Any help would be great.

Thank in advance.

Regards

Sumit Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

I hope you  are starting the installation with root user. Also check /tmp space.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Thanks for ur reply!

Yes I am starting installation with root user only. I am into SAP Basis from past 5 yrs now but never have I come across this kinda error. At least pre-requisite checker should run. I think there might be some basic and silly mistake from my side that is causing this.

Its a new server with:

SAP Prod: CRM 7.1

JAVA: 1.4.2

SWAP: 30 GB

Mount points created with enough space. /tmp having 5GB, used 11% only.

Permissions to all SAP and Oracle directories have been set accordingly. Users and Groups have been made and assigned.

Regards

Sumit Dev

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you create a directory </xxx/xxx> with 777 permission and the set the environment TMP to the value </xxx/xxx>.

Then start sapinst from the directory </xxx/xxx/> by giving the complete path to the executable.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

I created a dir /instdir with full permission and ran sapinst from as u said. But it again hangs at the same point Reading control file /instdir/control.xml

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you downloaded the latest version of the installation master?...

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Can you replace the control.xml file from some other installation master of same version and try?

Is control.dtd placed in /instdir/?

Any memory issue?

Regards,

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I don't think the installation master is latest but it is for CRM7 EHP1, DVD 51041254.

Hi Sonia,

1)There are no memory issue, even kernel parameters have been set according ti installation guide.

2) control.dtd is present in /instdir

3) This control.xml file is created by sapinst only in the temporary directory. From where do I replace it?

I have already done one similar installation using this instmast.

Thanks and Regards

Sumit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this might be an issue with your ulimits in AIX... have you done your OS checks as per the installation guide?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Just check if the control.xml kept at <INST_MAST>/NW710/WEBAS/IND/ is the same size as the one kept at  /tmp/CRMRhP1/LM/PRC/

Regards,

Sonia

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide full permission to the installation master DVD and try .

It seems the control.xml is not copied to the installation directory and SAPINST is trying to read it .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

You are correct. ulimit was not set.

When I did:

# ulimit -d unlimited

it worked.

Thanks a lot!!!

JPReyes
Active Contributor