Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud, Governance and Security

former_member577095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

some of our customer would like to consider SAP on the cloud.

Do you have any idea / experience about the impact on ?:

• Users and roles (atuthorizations) management
  • Governance and SOD

Many thanks in advance.

Andrea

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Users, roles, SoD's etc are not too much of a concern for me (no more than usual). 

Governance & control around infrastructure security, interfaces, comms etc needs to be very good.

Cheers

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just my two cents. Not sure what you mean by SAP on the cloud. If you are talking about running good old SAP applications such as ECC in cloud then I agree with Alex that I wouldn't be too worried about roles and authorizations. I would concentrate more on system security such as securing services, RFC and so on.

If we are talking about using one of the SaaS solution from SAP then that's more interesting. For example I don't think that the current security solutions from SAP such as IdM and GRC AC are really cloud friendly. By cloud friendly I mean that they can work/integrate with cloud solutions. For example I don't know about any connectors for cloud providers for IdM. I guess the same is true for GRC.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an PDF with much information about security according to SAP Cloud - but only in german..