Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP message for equipment bom

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to enter newly a standard SAP message ne #  29 711 where 29 is an application area. I am trying to enter in many area under SPRO but could not as system is throughing error message no # CZ215( Please specify a legal value) .Can anyone please guide the navigation path where I can enter this message or if it is already available , I need to convert warning into error message. Also,is there any user exit or badi available to prevent user to create equipment bom for an equipment belongs to other plant .As presently user can create equipment bom for plant X using t-code IB01 ,but this equipment is under another plant say Y.We are using decentralized planning plant concept.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Pranjal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

Please check if you can implement the message number via SE16 :                                                                               

TC se16 -> table t160m -> Button 'Create entries'

To create BOM you need auth object - C_STUE_BER 

In this the fileds

STLTY      BOM category   

STLAN      BOM usage      

ACTVT      Activity       

BEGRU      Authorization gr

ACTVT 

01 Create

02 Change

03 Display

06 Delete

24 Create archive file

41 Delete from database

STLTY 

M Material BOM

E Equipment BOM

D Document structure

K Sales order BOM

S Standard BOM

T Functional location BOM

STLAN   These values are defined in Customizing.

(BOM usage)   

BEGRU  0000-ZZZZ Used to make additional Authorization (Here you can use authorization based on the plant)

Regards,

Deepak

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Many thanks for your reply.I can enter the message no in table t160.But still system is not restricitng me to create equipment bom for another plant.With authorization ,we are looking to restrict at plant level not at authorization group level.Appreciate any other suggestion .

rgds

pranjal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

Why dont you take the help from the Security Team and you can definitely restrict the user at the plant level giving all the Authorizations for the Authorization Group

use below Objects:

Plant:   I_IWERK PM: Maintenance Planning Plant

I_SWERK PM: Maintenance Plant

You can use any of the object for restriction.

and for the Authorization Group

Object: I_BEGRP PM: Authorization Group

you can give " * ".

Hope it helps you.

regards,

Yawar Khan

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yawar,

These objects are already maintained in the role ,but system is not restricting to create. Is there any user exit or badi available to restrict it?

rgds

Pranjal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranja,

you can check the same with the security person for the same,

as many times it happens that the user have the relevant Authorization but he is not able to do the activies as the Object and field Values are not maintain with the T-code and also the Vice versa.

in you case it is quite possible that you have not assigned the Object values but the same T-Code is getting the values from some other Transaction,

please ask your Security person to check for the Buffer.

some how he is getting the Relevan Authorizations for the Activity, also a lot depends upon what type of roles you are working on is it user Sprcific or the posotopn based.

I will suggest you to take the help of the Security person even you can check the same Authorizations for the user, Object, Field and Field Values in the T-Code SUIM.

Hope it further helps you.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Is there any user exit/badi available to restrict this? Also,can we enter sap message 29711 somewhere in SPRO as nowhere this message is being accepted once entered.

rgds

pranjal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

Have you checked maintaining the Message in the below Path,

please check by maintaining, as I have also not done the same but I think it can be achieved

IMG--->Production--->Bill of Material--->General Data--->Change Message Type

Execute and maintain the message.

Please revert back.

I will still suggest you to go for the Authorization check and you can restrict the user.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

You can try authorization abject C_STUE_WRK for your requirement

Definition

This authorization object allows you to protect the allocation of a BOM to a plant.

Defined fields

The table below shows the fields and values of this authorization object.

Fields  Possible  Meaning 
entries
ACTVT  01  Create 
(Activity)  02  Change 
03  Display
CSWRK  Here, you enter the BOM plant 
(BOM plant)  in which the user is allowed 
to carry out the activity.

Regards,

Deepak