cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Byte Code Adapter Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing an error while working with Solution Manager Managed system Configuration. I am facing an error on Step 8 (Configure Automatically). I have few steps which needs to be executed, except (Installing Byte Code Adapter) eveything successfuly completed.

Error : J9 was detected, Operation bas been aborted because some files are missing,

please fill the propertycom.wily.autoprobe.prependToJVMRuntimePath in the agelet com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily: - com.sap.smd.vm.J9PreprendPathNotFoundException: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin/j9vm23/jclSC14/classes.zip

I dont have j9vm23 in /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin/j9vm23/jclSC14/classes.zip

Java in system is /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin/j9vm/jclSC14/classes.zip

After this I have added the path /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin/j9vm23/jclSC14/classes.zip to the above application (com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily) In Agent Administration >> Choose Agent >> Application Configuration >> Add the path (custom).

After this I had re-started my agent and now after this my Agent is not coming up.

I am also not able to revert the changes in Solution Manager Administration >> Agent Framework >> Agent >> Application Configuration >> As I am not able to choose the Agent (Its offline doesnot show here).

My question is do we have any file/property file on OS where I can revert the changes... I have tried seraching but didnot get anything.

I have checked other SDN posts but I am not sure if Updating the JDK will help us.

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS4

DB Oracle

Current JDK Release: 1.4.2 IBM JVM (java full version "J2RE 1.4.2 IBM build j9xa64142ifx-20110215 (SR13 FP8+PM31983)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobiasharmes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

We had similar problems - even with Solution Manager 7.1 SP7. The Wily Introscope 8 Installation guide advises to create a custom AutoConnect.jar but that seemed rather unflexible for future updates. So I just made a symbolic link to the right java directory.

sapsid:/ # cd /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin

sapsid:/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin # ln -s j9vm j9vm23

Works like a charm.

Cheers, Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

i get some similar issue with agent ISAgent v8 where some path to autoprobe setting were wrong.

i got to update the ISAGENT sda in SDM to the last patch

florent

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can switch to SAPJVM. This also resolve your issue.

Regards,

Roman

Answers (0)