SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBPRET_BCS causes error field BUDGETING_PERIOD missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

When running transaction FMBPRET_BCS (transfer of SAP BW plan data to BCS) in Production, the error FM field BUDGETING_PERIOD is missing or equal to 0 is received.

I thought the error indicated the source field in BW was BUDGETING_PERIOD but in the BW query (I_SBPSBPREP/ZFMRETR1) the field BUDGET_PERIOD was assigned. Has anyone came across this error before?

When logging into DEV and QAS, the BW query has BUDGETING_PERIOD. We are not sure how or why PRD it is BUDGET_PERIOD. I twice tried unsuccessfully to create a transport in DEV to change this. I rarely log into BW but perhaps thats where the transport should be created???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

After running some tests in DEV and QAS, I was able to conclude that the problem was in fact that the field BUDGETING_PERIOD was not in the query used PRD. The field in the query was BUDGET_PERIOD. Somehow this field was different in PRD.

I was failing in creating the transport because I didn't have the correct authorizations in BW. I would log in to DEV and go to the configuration to Define Field Assignments for Plan Data Transfer from SAP BW but had to select the BW system I was preparing the transport for (either BWQCLNT100 or BWPCLNT100). The system would prompt me to log into that BW system before I could continue. After that the transpsorts were successful and the error went away.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

I'm not sure, but I think this program is somewhat old. A new one FMCYCOPI_BW exists for BW extractor.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

After running some tests in DEV and QAS, I was able to conclude that the problem was in fact that the field BUDGETING_PERIOD was not in the query used PRD. The field in the query was BUDGET_PERIOD. Somehow this field was different in PRD.

I was failing in creating the transport because I didn't have the correct authorizations in BW. I would log in to DEV and go to the configuration to Define Field Assignments for Plan Data Transfer from SAP BW but had to select the BW system I was preparing the transport for (either BWQCLNT100 or BWPCLNT100). The system would prompt me to log into that BW system before I could continue. After that the transpsorts were successful and the error went away.