cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristics Run in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some of my materials, Background Heuristic Job is not working. Manual Heuristics run correclty for the same materials. Please let me know steps, points for why Background Heuristic Jobs fails to work for some of my materials.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts

I'm wondering if a solution has been found for this, as we are seeing the same issue.

1. We're using standard Location Heuristic.
  2. No errors in the application log from the background jobs.
  3. Input parameters correctly reflect what was selected in SNP01 selection screen before running.heuristic.  Planning horizon is set to "Entire Planning Horizon".
  4. 'Net Change Planning' is NOT selected.
  5. Low level code runs just a few minutes before the heuristic run in the same process chain.
  6. When I manually run the same part numbers, in background or foreground, they plan correctly.
  7. Background planning within the nightly process chain does NOT plan correctly (requirements within the planning horizon but toward the end of the horizon are left uncovered).

Input settings are:

Planning Book                               P        ZSNP_PLG_BOOK

Data View                                     P        MPS_WKLY_VIEW

Global SNP Settings Profile            P        SAP

DP/SNP Parallel Processing Prfl.    P        SNP_9

Entire Planning Horizon                  P        X

Selection Profile                            P        Z_USE_FC_MPS

Low-Level Code                             S  

Location (Heuristic)                        P       X

SNP Heuristic Ind.                         P  

Incl Prods frm Supersessn Chains  P  

Net Change Planning                     P  

Source Determination                    P  

Temporary Low-Level Codes           P        0

Unrestricted Capacity                    P        X

Detailed Results                            P  

Display Log Immediately                P  

Log Availability                              P        030

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking back at my notes on how this was resolved.  It did not end up being parallel processing or cycles in the model.  We also had huge shortages after planning at all levels of the BOM, but things worked interactively. 

Which version of APO are you running?  Have you done an upgrade since this issue was noticed?

Are you using product interchangeability?

We ended up having 3 issues:

1.  Shortages caused by subcontracting

2.  Shortages caused by a program error

3.  Incorrect planning when assembly scrap was specified.

Discussion:

1.  We noticed shortages in the first bucket that carried throughout the horizon and were never planned.  Do you have this issue?  This was caused by subcontracting demand being ignored.  It was resolved by applying OSS note 1829863.

If the shortages are at the end of the horizon, are your external procurement relationships, transportation lanes and PPM/PDS valid to the end of the horizon?  Master data caused other shortages, but could at least be explained.

2.  This sounds strange, but during the upgrade some random code was inserted into program /SAPAPO/LMSDP_SNPHEUFD1.  We had to get an object key from SAP to reverse the change to a previous version. You could do a ABAP code version comparison to look at any modifications, if you have changes.  In the in-line comments the bogus transport that was applied was noted.

3.  The incorrect planning results caused by assembly scrap was resolved by applying OSS note  1840371. That fixed bad note 1772708 which caused the error.

Hope this helps!

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Usually when Network Heuristics is not working correctly, you need to check two things:
- The parallel processing profile used in the HEU run (you can ususally test the execution without

parallel processing due to the reason stated up here by William)

- If there is ny cycle in your model (a cyclic TL) through transaction /SAPAPO/SNPLLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same issue having moved to version 7.0.  Are you using network heuristics?  If so, I would suspect parallel processing, where a component on the next level of the BOM may be finished planning in a parallel job and a requirement for that component is then created in different process.  The new requirement will not update the component demand.  Running manually, interactively, or running the whole planning again fixes the issue.  I am testing several possible solutions including reducing the number of parallel processes, breaking up the job to run location heuristics level by level, or running network heuristics without parallel processing. 

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jallu,

Have you checked the application log? (t.code /SAPAPO/SNP01 and Display Logs menu button) Is there any message with red flag? If not, check the input parameters and ensure that they are correct (especially planning horizon and selection profile or know location products).

Deselect 'Net Change Planning', a prerequisite for using net change planning is that you have set the SNP: Change planning active indicator in the planning version.

Ensure that you have executed low level coding (/SAPAPO/SNPLLC).

Thanks,
Rajesh