cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI track for WebChannel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear Experts.

We are having an issue, we had created a NWDI track for WebChannel 1.0 we have added this SCA's in the track

SAP-WEC-FR,SAP-WEC,SAP-WEC-ZA(attachment) unfurtunatly at the moment that we import the track in the NWDS the java source shows missing dependencies, also the CBS shows errors of dirty dc's and broken DC's (attached in image) How can I resolve this situation? I tryed to create a new Track with the same SCA's but unfurtunatly gave me the same result. Could it be that Im missing some software components in the track, if is that so how can I know which ones?

Doing a quick research I've found that dirty DC's means when some development activities are pending, this cant be true because we are setting the track for the first time.

Best Regards.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to import the dependent SCA to the track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jum, Is allready imported in the track acctually . I can create the projects in the NWDS but when I see the source it says that several dependencies are missed.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i said the dependent SCA

you can see from the screenshot, the dc number for some sc are 0.

you have to import those sca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot Jun for you answer, I realized that I do missed some SCA files and now they are complete, now the problem are that lot's of DC's are broken and is taking ages for the impor to ocurr, is there any particular order to import SCA's ?Or it is normal to take ages for the server to build the depencencies?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you have to be patient:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One day and a halft and still the same result... :S I believe something is wrong, strange part the dirty DC's are only the ones for WebChannel.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can restart the server to see if it make any difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunatly no difference

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you post some screenshot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun.

I allready opened a message for SAP, seems strange that WEC components are the only ones having this issue.

Log is showing messages like:

"sap.com/wec/frw/tc/commons/lib" (variant "default") is being marked as BROKEN. USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error that includes the text "USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED" means that there are still SCs that haven't been imported into the buildspace.

Please go to the SLD, check the "root" SCs in question (e.g. SAP-WEC-FR,SAP-WEC,SAP-WEC-ZA, etc) and check what build-time depencencies they have. Now go to the CMS and ensure you really checked in and imported all these SCs.

Another good approach is if you find the DC broken by itself (i.e. not due to other broken DCs), and then send the build log of that, which will point out which DC it is expecting and from that we can figure out which SC hasn't been imported.

I send you 2 guides that will assist you in this:

1. http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29Home --> CBS reports a broken DC

2. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30b7c94e-fc6b-2910-30b8-d34a7b51... (this is reachable from the link I provided in point 1, but I wanted to emphasize its importance)

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

you mentioned that you opened a ticket at us (SAP).

Could you please send me the ticket number to ervin.szolke@sap.com ?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin thank you very much !!!

I've managed to find in logs that an enviroment variables in the CBS service had an space, strange but this caused that the build fail just for the WEC components.

I really apreciate your help, yesterday I closed the message.

Now I just have one doubt, maybe you can help me with.

The developers are now working in enhacements; but they say they cannot view the packages they build. Do I have to configure runtime system for they to review the changes in the server?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

I am glad to hear that the problem is now resolved!

Sure I gladly have a look at the next problem, but let's do it in a separate thread.

This one is already closed, and following the one-thread-one-question rule definitely helps everyone in future when searching for a specific problem (like this thread covers only broken dc issues) on SCN.

Please create a new thread for the new problem.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin