cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to raise alert through unix script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI experts,

I have a requirement as below.My client wants me to write a unix level script to validate the details count and trailer count in the file.The file size is very huge.File size will be approximately 5 GB.The script will validate the count match if the count does not match then alert notification should caught by adapter framework.in our landscape all alerts are generated from solman.We do not want to change the alert architecture.

Is there any way to send a notification from the script to the adapter framework?

Please let me know ASAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

As Raj says your requeriment is a bit difficult, also the script knowledge go beyond of PI knowledge, may be in other forums can help you better.

We can offer you approximations or other ways to do. I've thought that you could use a SOAP AXIS adapter that does a poll, later you use a java mapping to research the file size and create the alert.

Regards.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sending an email using schell scripts very much possible but you have to be expert in scripting, search in google you will find use full links.

onc eyou buils your script then call script using Communication channel .

Take help from Unix team

Former Member
0 Kudos

This procedure I know but my concern is about error handling in script.if the count mismatch we want adapter engine to through this error.rather then sending alert from script.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want throw error at adater engine in your case bit difficult, i would prefer using script even you can genarate log messages using script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will not help on my requirement.