cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Adaptive RFC and locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using an adaptive RFC model inside a Web Dynpro Application to maintain data residing on a SAP Enterprise system.

This RFC also sets a lock in order to make sure nobody else tries to change the same data.

I use pessimistic locking which means:

1. Web Dynpro calls a RFC

2. The RFC first locks the data then reads the data and returns the result back to Web Dynpro

3. The user changes the data and presses a save button

4. Web Dynpro calls the RFC to write and unlock the data

The problem i have is the fact that after locking and reading of the data the RFC is ended and the data is received by the Web Dynpro App. But at the same moment the lock is automatically unlocked because the RFC has ended succesfully.

How can i achieve that the lock is still there at the moment i want to change the data or is this procedure of pessimistic locking not possible?

Bertil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertil

I had the same problem and we were able to work past it by dedicating a separate model for the locking RFC and setting a scope for the model . I had written a web log on this check the last section.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/08/adaptive-rfc-models-in-web-dynprosome-pointers

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

Great that you write

Actually, I can't access this weblog, for some reason: whatever the way I try (), I always have error 500 or proxy error (Error message: CONNECT to weblogs.sdn.sap.com:443 failed: Connection timed out)...

Is there any other address I should try ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the same situation: I'd like to create locks in same kind of scenario.

Did you find a solution ?

I'm really interested in knowing how to do !

Thanks in advance for any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I find out that the problem was caused by the ABAP function module because it raised an exception which was the reason the whole session was dropped. After i changed this module the problem was solved an the locks stay there!

regards

Bertil