Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination error at Sales Order level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Greetings of the day !

I created a FERT item and activated batch management for the same. While uploading stock , a batch number is getting generated. And i configured batch determination properly and activated batch determination  at Sales order level. Now , when i am trying to create a sales order i am getting the error "  it was not possible to determine a batch " .

I created another FERT item with class and characteristics assigned to it and activated batch management. In this case , batch is getting determined at sales order level.

Is it mandatory to create class & characteristics and assign them to material master for batch ( 023 type ) management ?

or

Can we have batch management for materials which are not having any class or characteristics assigned to them ?

Please help .

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it mean that we can't have batch management for a product if it is not having class and characteristics attached to it ?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

arun

shiv ram post i agreed , when you create the batch management the particular batch it determination at

characteristically , without class assignment it is not come at sale order level . when create the automatic batch determination, system check back  ground  , on that time system check batch class and material classifications and all, will satisfied system created batch author wise error messages will come.

you check msc1n ,msc2n it for batch determination , based on this system will create batch , once create the batch you will create batch check the details at msc2n , here comes all data at batch class , basic etc

check this

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The batch inherits class and characteristics from the material master, when the batch is created in the background while uploading stock. So if no class is maintained in the material master, the batch will also not have any characteristic. Hence you see the error message.

So if you maintain class in material master, this gets copied automatically into batches when new batch is created. If you don't maintain at material master level, then you need to add manually for individual batches that you create in the system.

Regards,