cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Lookup called twice for failed messages in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using a RFC Lookup in a graphical mapping. Based on the response of the lookup, i need to decide to proceed further or fail the mapping deliberately in PI.

For the cases where i am failing the mapping, i have noticed that the rfc lookup is called twice(with different msg ids) in the RFC channel.

However, SXMB_MONI doesnt show any kind of retry/restart. Even the test tab(ESR) test works fine.

This is a random behaviour and happens for 2-3 messages out of 10.

we are also using the same RFC lookup and same RFC channel with the same logic of failing the message in another mapping and there it works perfectly/as reqd.

Did anyone face such kind of behaviour? i want to re-iterate, this happens only when i make the message to fail.

Thanks

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>This is a random behaviour and happens for 2-3 messages out of 10.

Read your question. Since you said that it happens randomly and also only in case of failures. Please check the source data and see how you handle the mapping logic in terms of condition check etc.  I suspect problem is in the mapping logic area.  You capture this problem and compare the data that is given to the mapping logic with successful scenario. You will answer from this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With this statement, i meant off the 10 failure messages this happens for only 2-3 messages.

Shailesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think RFC look up behave like this.

SOlution:

1)Run interface end to end(only one time) (success/failure)

2)Monitor in ECC how many RFC calls you received(take help from ABAPer).

You will get to know the exact results.

And meanwhil check how many times you are calling RFC look up like mapping,check context also.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Run interface end to end(only one time) (success/failure)

For success cases, it will call the lookup only once. Since there is an update happening as part of this lookup,i can very well see that.

For failure cases, as i mentioned it happens at random. so at one shot it could call twice or even once.

>Monitor in ECC how many RFC calls you received(take help from ABAPer).

RFC channel shows 2 entries. the table which is updated as part of this lookup shows 2 entries.

The lookup is called only once. There is no context at all. lookup called with single values.

Regards

Shailesh