cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am doing proxy to file scenario. i have done with configurations and proxy generation. i got struck up with one doubt.In receiver side we are using FTP file will be place out side of the network.i have give the configurations details like target director and file name and anonymous Uname and Password which was third party people give.port also i have specified default 21 only. is it required to enable to port in our side to file will be placed to out side of the network. please give your valuable suggestions. highly appreciated your help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sanjay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the target system is outside of the network, You need to take help from network team to enable firewall settings between PI and target file system.  Yes, You have to enable port 21 as part of firewall rules to establish connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

thanks for quick reply, firewall settings PI and target file system is enough or anything else required to push the file to outside network. one more thing setting details third party people provide or we are proceed with the target directory and Uname and Password which was they provide. please help me on this and could you please tell me the what are details we are provided to nework team to enable the connection between PI and target system.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sanjay.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically firewall team requires the IP address and port of the target system.  They set the firewall rules for the communication between PI and target system.  The target system will provide username and password to access their system on a specified directory. Once firewall rules established you can test this for the access priviledge. First step is connection established and then access the specified path in their file system. Hope that helps.  Only If your target system is outside of your network then you have to do the firewall settings.  YOu can still ping to the target system and see whether you can reach using simple ftp command from your PI server. You can take help from BASIS to do that. Doing this test from local pc is not the right test.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Few cents..

You or your basis team can test the conectivity:

1. Go to SAP PI Operative System

2. Open a console

3 If you are in  linux or windows, you write:  ftp remoteaddres, if the system ask you an user/password, you have connectivity.

Regards.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

First run your interface end to end, if Port not enabled then you will see error in File receiver channel , if No error means PI system has access to FTP.

Meanwhile you can check with your network team.

Regards,

Raj