cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Cost center list from User profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are on upgraded SRM 7.0. In earlier version SRM 5.0 business used the functionality where they assign list of cost center to user attribute in PPOMA_BBP and user will see all those cost center when they are creating shopping cart.

In SRM 7.0 i have assigned similar cost center list into user but user is not able to see the list in Portal.

Business do not like to have RFC call made to ECC system and fetch all the cost center.

Could you please advise if there is some way.

Thank you

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

You can try with deactivating the back end search help from the Employee Role. In the BBP Componet - SRM General Access Authorisation in EBP and deselet the BE_F4_Help.  This can be done with help of your Basis Colleague.

Best Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thank you for your response. We have already turned off the Search help through Employee Role, Now There are list of cost center assigned to user but when they click on search help it gave error as

Line 1: Accounting value help: No RFC authorization for function module BBP_HELPVALUES_GET_SEARCHHELP.

Could you please advise.

Thank you

Ritesh

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

you may use the old employee role? You should use roles like /SAPSRM/...

You can see the role matrix in this note:

1261825 - SAP SRM 7.xx: Information on PFCG roles and Portal roles

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Please check the OSS Note, 1618145

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Timea,

I have checked roles and they are /sapsrm* only.

Could you please recommend anything else?

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Thank you for providing note. This Note stats that it will use the ECC search list per standard. What we had in SRM 5 is maintained Cost centers list in PPOSA_BBP and when user was going on account assignment category those cost center lists were showing up. This is not happening with SRM 7. EHP1 portal.

Could you please provide some other idea.

Thank you

Ritesh

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

you can check the note  "93254 RFC short dump RFC_NO_AUTHORITY", which deals with RFC authorisation issues.

Also check the customizing:

SAP SRM -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> Define System Landscape

- if RFC destination is defined

- if "Integrated UI" is only checked, if the backend system is ECC 604 or higher

(see the longtext of the customizing transaction)

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SRM systems goto T-code SPRO SRM Server-> Technical Basic Settings-> Define Backend Systems

For the ECC system, change the FI Validation to Local validation of FI Data.

After this change please check if your local list of Cost centers is displayed.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil,

Thank you for your valuable input. After turning the setting per your recommendation, We are not able to get the list of cost center list which are maintained in User attribute.

Do you know anything else should be changed along with that?

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you still have the earlier SRM 50 system?

Can you try and check the search help attached to Costcenter field in structure BBP_PDS_ACC.

Also check if you have values in table BBP_STD_ACC

Also check where-used list on the search help BBP_COSTCENT_VALUE  and see if its attached to any fields, domains etc.

Thanks,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil,

We do not have any search help associated with the Cost center field in Structure BBP_PDS_ACC and no value in table BBP_STD_ACC.

We have just Production system on SRM 5.0 as we are in testing phase of QA system.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil,

We do not have any search help associated with the Cost center field in Structure BBP_PDS_ACC and no value in table BBP_STD_ACC.

We have just Production system on SRM 5.0 as we are in testing phase of QA system.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil,

I am closing the thread. We have found out the solution for the same. There is Security authorization profile which needs to be changed to have user search cost center which are maintained in their profile not from backend.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Can you please share the solution?Which exact authorization profile is required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello NM,

We have modified the back-end role authorization in following place;

-- BBP Component --> SRM: General Access Authorizations in EBP . We have disable this because this has one of the activity BE_F4_HELP which calls backend system for search help.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I have the same error in cost center list

can you provide me the actual role & steps to solve the problem?

thank you

Mike Tan

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can  you please elaboarte a bit more on this . is this the SPRO path or what exactly ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh

Please can you or some one let me know I am also facing a similar issue with a user where when user is trying to maintain the cost center attribute through portal

While the user is trying t click on Deactivate it gives some irrelevant kind of an error message

In the error screen it says PT00500000 and user is  deactivating for Cost center PT00541000 Please explain if any one has any idea o the error ?