cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm Scenario for 2 parallel landscapes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client has  2 Parallel SAP Landscape  in 2 geographic regions:

1. DEV - Q&A - PROD

2. DEV -Q&A - PREPROD - PROD

Client wants to put these 2  Landscape into one ChaRM project and approve and move transports simultaneously in both Landscapes using ChaRM approval mechanism.

Can you please advice if 7.1 ChaRM can do such things and  how to approach this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M M,

this is possible. Just create 2 logical components for the parallel landscapes with the relevant systems in their specific role. But by my experience ChaRM code gets a bit slower the more logical components are in the project.

From my point of experience, it makes sense if the two systems tracks are logical for one solution, meaning for example a SRM with an ERP connected as one solution. Please be aware that if you create a change project you set the phases then for both system tracks. It is then not possible to go into status 'Test' for only one system track and not the other one. This has implications as in phase 'Test' no Normal Changes can be imported into the production system, etc....

If the two system tracks are organizational organized different in the company and the groups do not work together, I would better create two different projects. Otherwise the one team wants test status/phase and the other has other timelines...hope that helps!

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Michael, it really helps.

Answers (0)