SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting for Material Management

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys:

I am starting to get success in budget posting now and AVC gets triggered at the time of consumption in FI. This of my query related to material management area. I have a fund center "Procurement". Its is a superior fund center in procurement hierarchy. Local procurement, Technical procurement, Imports Procurements are subordinated to it. I have created their fund centers as well. I want to assign budget to these areas of responsibly for the year. Since purchasing is done through MM, i am confused what to give in Commitment item field in FMBB ? for entering budget. What thing will trigger system if i post material PR ?How will the whole process work.

Regards

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

For the process of MM flow to FM, please refer to help.sap.com. In a normal scenario, PR and PO will create commitments in FM tables and consume the budget, but you can modify the settings.

Regarding FMBB: budget could be put at least on fund centre and commitment item, i.e. you cannot budget fund centre or commitment item alone, but always in a combination. Commitment item exists in every basic layout of FMBB transaction.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Yes i know right from the start that budgeting can not be done alone for fund center. Its obvious how can we budget without area of responsibility which has funds in it. I just wanted to ask that if i want to control MM budgeting which commitment items should i use . I know at GRN Stock i debited and GRIR clearing is credited..Here GRIR commitment items has financial transaction 40 & commitment item category 3..When i raise PR system sends a warning message

Item 00010 contains commitment item with financial transaction other than 30

Check your entry and enter a commitment item with financial transaction 30.

So how can i budget it...Should i derive it from material number ?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, consult note 1466979 for commitment item types to be used. You don't budget GR/IR account, but the expenses accounts (if you issue PR to expenses) or stock accounts. Commitment items behind these accounts should be defined as 30/3, if you want to budget them.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I dont think that is really required to create commitment item for GR/IR Accounts. If you study help.sap.com as Eli told you, you will find that the system derives FM Account Assignments from the PR or PO.

Hence when you do GRN the GR/IR Clearing Accout will take up the commitment item of the Stock Accounts itself. This should really not be a problem.

Regards,

Dhruv

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's required, but of special nature. Every posting must have an assignment of FM address (even, if it's dummy) after FM is activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have not created any commitment items for GR/IR Accounts. Could you elaborate the circumstances under which commitment items should also be created go GR/IR Clearing Accounts as well.

Is my customization wrong in this regards, as even though I have not created commitment itmes for GR/IR, still the system is not at all stopping me to post the GRN.

Regards,

Dhruv

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some FM assignment should be there when you post to GR/IR; check the tables.

Normally, the commitment item assigned to it should be of the nature 40/3 (refer to the note above). Not defining it correctly, might have consequences on FM processing of MM documents (depends on the customization and business requirements).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. There shoulg be some FM Assignment to GR/IR, which in my case is same as the stock account FM account assignments. Hope this is not a problem.

Regards,

Dhruv