cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one billing with different item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR SD GURUS

A customer has 2 materials one is third party mat(TAS),Second one is normal mat(TAN)..These both items entered in one sales order and his requirement is he wanted in single invoice with out splitting? How can we do this?

i want to know  what is settings  in copy control

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Remember, yesterday you raise a query for Invoice Split & you got a list of the Field (Payer, Destination country, etc) that ned to be same for creating a single Invoice for multiple Deliveries. Now in that list Item Category was not present. This means that you can create single Invoice with line Item belonging to different Item Category (TAN & TAS).

The same rules apply here also. You can easily create a single Invoice for a normal & third party Item.

Go to T-Code VF01 & enter the Delivery Number (for Normal Item) & Sales Order number (for third Party item). System will create single Invoice for both the document provided none of the field in Invoice Split list is different.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

now i understood sir thank u so much for clearing my doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mwhta,,

Based on your reply i have tested the scenario, where i create new item category TAN1 with "billing relevance B (order related billing )" and remaining setting same as TAN.

1) Now i create the sales order with item cat TAN --> Create delivery +picking+pgi .

2) Created one more order with the same input as i entered in step 1 and i manually change the item category TAN to TAN1. -- >  Create delivery +picking+pgi .

Note : all details are same in step 1 and step 2 except item category

3 ) Now i create billing due list (vf04) and create collective billing document.

and the end result was created two different billing documents.

can anybody please let me know the correct process and if any mistakes i done on the above case.

Thanks

viswa

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Split Log in the Invoice & you will see why two Invoices were created.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mehta,

I check the split analysis as you suggest , the system pop up with the following massage..

"SPLIT DUE TO DIFFERENT HEADER DATA"

Thanks,

Viswa

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That mean that the Assignment Number is different in both the Invoices.

Probably you have set the Sales Order Number to be copied in Assignment Feild, uyou need to change this.

Go to T-Code VTFL & open header Details of Copy Control of Delivery & Invoice Types, here set E - Actual billing document number in Assignment Box.

Set the same setting in  VTFA i.e. Order to Billing Copy Control & then try creating the Invoice. System will create Single INvoice.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally businesses - may - like to keep the billing types different for normal sales and for third party sales.

E.g. One sales order could have both line items i.e. normal sales (TAN) and third party sales (TAS). But there are different billing documents (one for normal sales and the other for third party sales).

This is for

- reporting and analysis purpose.

- different number ranges of the billing documents

- different names of bills (descriptions)

- different texts

Helpful link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1692326

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal'

One is order related anther is delivery related billing change the billing relevance

TAN item category with controls same as CS (in CS to
CS copy controls)
Make TAN :Billing relevance B

Check OR To F2 copy controls.
NOw create OR with one item TAN & other TAS.
Do delivery and PGI for TAN item.
Do PO and MIRO for TAS item.
Create billing doc with VF04 and ORder reference and get

both the items.

manually you have to put the order number

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venu,,

third party material is order related billing, and normal material (Tan ) is delivery related billing so you can`t create one billing document , if you really want to create one billing document make sure to change normal material billing relevance to order related billing in item category Tan.

Regards,

Patchala

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u so much and

any comments plz

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

venu

two different item category , one invoice , it depending on item category billing relevance,

like TAN , delivery relevance, TAS- order related billing, TAC- Delivery related billing ,

and check the vov7 at billing relevance field based on this system takes at billing level , order related billing relevance only it comes at one billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u so much