cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD field required is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please, we need some help in fields of Travel WDs.

We need to establish some fields as required. We tried by means of Control+right mouse button (from portal) and an red asterisk is shown for the field, but the field is not required.

We've also tried by FITVFELD_WEB transaction. When we choose a field, we mark 'Entry in this field is required' but is doesn't work.

Please, can you help me so as to show a WD field as required?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please provide technical names from the fields you like to have as required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For example: KUNDE and ZORT1

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

example with field KUNDE

Open FITVFELD_WEB transaction

enter right trip provision variant

go to correct schema

Go to section General Trip Data and look for entry "Reason for Trip (for example, customer/requisitioner) - HEAD_PERIO-KUNDE "

Set radio button on to "Alternative Display Type"

check mark "field is visible and ready for entry"

AND(!) Entry in field is required

You do not need the portal config mode for this.

I have just checked it in an IDES system.

I guess you are not using the right trip provision variant or schema.

Best ist to Test the webdynpro out of SE80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is exactly what I did, even I enter default value and it's shown properly in WD. But if I delete KUNDE field from WD it's not required, but in FITVFELD_WEB the field is marked as required.

Please, do you have any clue?

In the other hand, please I've a cuestion. If I enter TRIP transaction, field KUNDE is empty and is not showing default value established before. Do you know why?

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many roads lead to Rome!

You can "customize" via FITVFELD_WEB or/and via config modes from WD.

That means if you "kill" the field from the WD - the customizing does not matter and will not be changed automatically by usage of config mode (therefore I wrote kill)

I always try first to do all necessary customization first in FITVFELD_WEB and if I still need something else I start using config modes from WD.

For your other question:

For transaction TRIP (by the way this transaction is out of time - so be careful some issues will not work and SAP is only giving support to old function) you have to use transaction FITVFELD.

Also here you have to look to the right area of trip provision variant and schema!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siegfried,

When I said 'delete' field from WD, I meant to delete (as user) the content of KUNDE suggested text. And I realized that KUNDE field (now empty in WD) is not working as required (customized in FITVFELD_WEB), because there is no message advising this.

Then, what I've done, is to restart the config mode of the WD (Actually, there is no customization here).

And just with the customization of FITVFELD_WEB, the KUNDE field is also not requiered. 

It's not working.... Please, any othe clue?

Thank you&Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I'm getting confused.

As I explained the customizing from FITVFELD_WEB is working well.

If not you should check the following:

First be clear that you are in the right Trip Provision Variant for FITVFELD_WEB

AND the right schema.

(how to check? Hide a field and double check if this is working in the WD front end)

Make sure that all hide option from WD is not used (not config mode - not individual changes with the portal user)

After that it has to work. From my experience SAP standard is working here absolutely fine and I had never issues in the last 13 years by more than 100 systems with that.

The concept is very confusing specially with back and fronted transactions and field descriptions but it is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siegfried, I really appreciate you help.

I don't understand where the problem is.. I'm using  the correct trip provision variant and schema because when I customize 'default value' (FITVFELD_WEB), It's shown properly in KUNDE field of WD.

You can see it in these images:

Image 1. Text suggested in 'default value' (Business) is shown in WD properly.

Image 2. If 'Field is visible' is not marked, the result should be invisible KUNDE field in WD, but is still there....

All hide option from WD is not used (not config mode - not individual changes with the portal user).

Thank you&?Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi August,

This is indeed a bit odd. I got a few ideas apart from the stuff Siegfried already mentioned; incidentally said, I am on EHP 4 SP 46 and my Ideas are founded on this system status, are you on a similar EHP/patch level?

• Is the Portal mapped to the same ERP-Client you are developing on? Or does the Portal point to a client which needs to have the customizing drawn via SCC1 first?

• Did you do any enhancements/modification on WDYN FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA?

• Are there any modified Component Configurations respectively Application configurations for FITE_REQUEST and FITE_EXPENSES / FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA?

• Are there active Personalizations either on User or Admin Level? Check this via WebDynpro WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER, and if there are any for the respective Webdynpros, delete them.

• You could try clearing the portal cache and the ICM cache, although I wager this won't help. (Still worth a try if everything else fails.

In case all this doesn't help, you should debug FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA, GENERAL_DATA_VIEW. Starting at the Component Controller method "APPLY_CUSTOMIZING", and furthermore WDDOMODIFYVIEW if needed in the View. When Debugging through APPLY_CUSTOMIZING method and you can see in the WebDynpro Debugger-View that the Context property "state" respectively in the UI-Tree for CUSTOMER is already "required", then the issue is caused somehow by the customizing entries.

Hope this helps in some way, at least in a way of trouble shooting

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

This field control is straight forward. So if this is not working try to hide this field with the WD config mode and go ahead.