cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading 10000 images n using them in smartform dynamically w.r.t. empno.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I an supposed to upload images of 10000 employees of a firm into SAP and then I have to design a smartform - a bus pass . Images can be uploaded by running a bdc of SE78 . The bus pass would contain various details of employee - his/her name, designation, address etc. I can very well do this by passing pernr - employee number through form interface and passing the details into the smartform easily depending on the personal or employee number from pa tables.

Now the issue is depending upon the employee number ' The corresponding image' of that employee should come in this smart form. In other words, the image or graphic would be dynamically dispayed according to the personal number chosen. Please suggest a solution for this - how to display an image in a smartform dynamically.

Thanks

Ribhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I think u will have to maintain the PERNR-GRAPHIC name mapping in an z-table.

In the global defnitions define a variable LOGO of type CHAR0256. Then query the z-table and store the the graphic name in varaible LOGO. In the graphics node u can give the name of the graphic as &LOGO&

Hope this helps u

Roshan

Message was edited by:

Roshan Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Roshan

Well In the z table I have to map perner and graphic mapping - but where is this graphic stored? if u are talking about SE 78 then it do not solve my purpose coz anyhow we have to upload images of employees in SAP. I dont know how to do that AND how to call THOSE images in my smartform. I know how to call an image dynamically using &var&.

IF you are not talking about SE78 or the report rstxldmc, then please elaborate more. Thanks

Ribhu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ribhu..

u can achive this...

if ur maintaing the image name with reference to person in the Database table..

1.Declare a varialble char20,

then select single for that table.. and save the image name in tha vairlable V_IMAGE.

2. create a graphic window... then give the

<b>Name: &V_IMAGE& (prsess the button looks like this ">" in name filed</b>)

Object:Graphis

ID: BMAP or whtever.

u r problem will be solved. only thing is u have to pass the image name in to a varialble V_IMAGE. it can be done in INITIALIZATION tab. using the single select if r maintaining in databese... or elese u have to use the CASE the based on the Person number pass the Image name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

if u are talking about images from SE 78 then it do not solve my purpose coz anyhow we have to upload images of employees in SAP database. I dont know how to do that AND how to call THOSE images in my smartform. I know how to call an image dynamically using &var&.

IF you are not talking about SE78 or the report rstxldmc, then please elaborate more.

To be more specific, I wanna know The images of employees which we see when we open an infotype for any personal number - say infotype 0001 or 0002, How to put those images there in that infotype for all personal numbers AND how to use these same images in my smartform too so there is no duplicacy of images. I hope you all understand where I am stuck.

Thanks

Ribhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

if u are talking about images from SE 78 then it do not solve my purpose coz anyhow we have to upload images of employees in SAP database. I dont know how to do that AND how to call THOSE images in my smartform. I know how to call an image dynamically using &var&.

IF you are not talking about SE78 or the report rstxldmc, then please elaborate more.

To be more specific, I wanna know The images of employees which we see when we open an infotype for any personal number - say infotype 0001 or 0002, How to put those images there in that infotype for all personal numbers AND how to use these same images in my smartform too so there is no duplicacy of images. I hope you all understand where I am stuck.

Thanks

Ribhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure you know that for displaying an image in the Smartform you need to include a graphic node.

SAP has provided a functionality to dynamically populate the Image name. After inserting the graphic node read the F1 help on the field "Name" under the "General Attributes" tab. You will find the solution to your problem.

~Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi you can do it using the graphics in smartforms

instead of giving the graphic name there

you give there a variable &var& and click on the arrow button at the end of textbox.it is dynamic field value.

keep code line above the graphic and select the graphic name into that variable.hence it will work for you.