cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Cchannel for different i/b interfaces but for same message type and Idoc type

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an doubt ,

I created one scenario Scenario_AA which is inbound to SAP and using same message type and Idoc type(ZST_ORDERS.ORDERS05).

here I used an Communication channel CC_RECEIVE1 and assigned to receiver agreement .

I created another one Scenario_BB again which uses same message type and Idoc type(ZST_ORDERS.ORDERS05).

here I just renamed the previous channel to i.e CC_RECEIVE2 and assinged to the receiver agreement in scenario_BB.

when i looked in to the receiver agreement for scenario_AA it the channel was update as CC_RECEIVE2 .

Question is can I use same message type and Idoc Type for two different interface.

BR, SR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question is can I use same message type and Idoc Type for two different interface?

Yes you can, mostly IDoc scenarios we use one IDoc for iddfferent interfaces hence we dont create multiple receiver agrements/Receiver channels.

One receiver agrement is sufficient for two interfaces and one IDoc receiver chanell is enogh.

Regards.

Raj

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> Question is can I use same message type and Idoc Type for two different interface.

For the so-formulated question, the answer is: yes.

However, bear that in mind that you can only have one Receiver Agreement for one combination of: Sender System, Receiver System and Receiver Agreement, while in your case it looks like both scenarios use the same RA, don't they? If you have the same RA in both scenarios, it can only point to a single receiver CC. If you need to point to two separate communication channels, you might have to create a dummy receiver system.

Regards,

Greg

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

Thanks a lot , Yes as you said I use only one receiver agreemnt for two different interfaces.

Still can i use this scenario, If I use then what will be impact in ECC or in PI ,

If my scenario_AA trigers first will this impact the next scenario will there be any changes to this.

can you pelase clarify on this.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only question is: do you want to use different settings for the receiver communication channels in scenario A and B? If not (so they are meant to be identical), then simply use the same RA and receiver CC in both scenarios, there will be no issues because of it. That is one of the concepts behind PI, to reuse the objects that were once created.

Regards,

Greg

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you know agreement objects are to wrap the communication channel protocol and its configuration.  This is the intention for using agreement objects. If you don't foresee any changes in your receiver communication channel then you can use the same receiver agreement that reference the same channel for both the interfaces.  There wont be any impact in PI or ECC.  Plus if your sender business system or business component is same for both you will not have any issue.  As you know your Receiver determination is the one decides the receiver accordingly at runtime. So you will not have any impact for the reasons you described above.

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

Thanks a lot , yes setting are same for communciation channel and its been used in other scenarios too but in the receiver agreement im using the interface ZST_ORDCHG.ORDERS05 which is been used in other two scenario and in one of the scenario's interface determination I have put the condition,

so will this affect the message flow between these interfaces.

can you please calrify , if you are not clear I with my quesiton I will share the screen shots too.

Another one question with new scenario:

Im having two different source structure and two different target structures , I will get this two inputs from one source service and to send to one target service.

So can I create two message mapping and interface mapping in one single scenario will this work, should i put any condition some where , pls advice on above two queries.

Regards,

Sethu.

former_member205100
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

Can I use two different Message mapping and interface mapping in one scenario.

I will be receiveing two different message structure from one sender service and will be sending to one receiving service . will this scenario works

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it works... no need to worry at all. go ahead.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on all of your posts, I understand that you want to connect two separate senders with one receiver. If so, here are the required objects:

1. Two separate Sender Agreements & Sender Communication Channels (separate for each scenario).

2. Two separate Receiver Determinations.

3. Two separate Interface Determinations, each of them using a dedicated Operation Mapping.

4. Two separate Receiver Agreements, or a single one with Sender Service = *.

5. A single receiver Communication Channel.

Objects from points 1-4 are sender-specific, so you need them separate for each sender system/interface. Communication channel is not dependent on the sender, so you can use a common one for both senders. You also do not need any conditions in Receiver/Interface Determination, since the sender identification is enough to process the message.

Regards,

Greg