cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator mode in GAF FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1) I have done some changes(Added new main step) in application by using as Adminstrator mode in FPM_GAF_COMPONENT but those changes are not visible in the application at runtime. And again if I see my changes in Adminstrator mode, those are not visible in the design mode also. What would be the probelm please suggest me.

2) When I check the comoponent in Adminstrator mode it showing 4 main steps and when I run this application it showing 4 main steps road maps in GAF. But If I checked same application using Start configurator button in FPM_GAF_COMPONENT it showing 5 Main Steps.

Actually I required 5 Main steps in my application.

Thanks & Regards

Murali Papana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

as an administrator you are doing a customizing on top of the already existing configuration of your FPM application.

When you enter the design time as a developer, you don't see the changes the administrator has done. You need to start the design time as an administrator to see the customized data.

You also have to be aware of that a customizing is only valid for the client where the customizing has been done.

If you need further information on how to adapt FPM applications to your need, please have a look at the adaptations document, where also the connection between configuration and customizing is explained.

Again, you have to enter your GAF configuration in administrator mode. You can enter that mode also via runtime. For that you have to set the user parameter FPM_CONFIG_EXPERT = X and start your GAF configuration out of se80 via menu "Web Dynpro Configuration" --> "Test" --> "Execute in Administration Mode". Within your started application on the right-hand side of the toolbar a link is provided (Adapt Configuration) to navigate to the Web Dynpro Application CUSTOMIZE_COMPONENT.

The reason for your second point could be that the administrator has removed a mainstep - this is why you just see 4 at runtime and 5 at design-time as an application developer.

I hope that my explanation helps to understand the difference between configuration and customizing.

Best regards,

Julia