cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settlement from WBS to WBS

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,  I Have created an investment project with 4 level of WBS, at 4th level WBS i have added the Budget and total up to 1st level, now my actual costs are at 4th level WBS and i need to settle it to 3rd level, then i will settle it to AUC.  But when i run CJ88 and put the 4th level WBS(i have already maintained settlement rule), the system is giving error that your 3rd level WBS is not have sefficiant budget.  Pls help me to solve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mandar,

You should always give the background of your configuration.

What budget plan you have? Is it overall or annual?

At what level you are creating AUC?

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,  My Budget is on Overall basis, and at 3rd level AUC will generate automatically. any other details you need pls ask.  Thanks for support.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mandar,

What is the budget available on level 3 WBS element?

Since you are trying to settle level 4 to level 3, there should sufficient budget on level 3.

Otherwise system will prohibit.

Ensure you have you sufficient budget and then you should be able to carry out settlement.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh, I will explain clearly...  At 1st level i have My project as POWER PLANT at 2nd level i have WBS called Plant and machinery at 3rd level its Boiler at 4th level its pumps for boiler.  Now our company wants to control on the cost of pumps, so i have added the budget for pumps as say 2000 Rs, and the same is total up to 3rd level and so on... now we have received the pumps of say Rs 1000 and actual posting is 1000 Rs which is showing in budget Vs actual report.  also our company wants to create asset at boiler Ie 3rd level, all the 4th level costs say pumps .. motors.. should accumalate at Boiler level and from there it can be settled to AUC.  so 1st am running CJ88 for 4th level.  Hope you are clear with my problem.  Thaks and regards, Mandar

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mandar,

I have understood your project structure. I foresee following three options:

• Create AUC at 4th level OR
  • Have sufficient budget at 3rd level so that when you settle your 4th level WBS to 3rd level, system passes through your availability check  OR
  • book all your costs at 3rd level itself, instead of 4th level.

I hope this is clear. Discuss this with your business.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,  We cant create AUC at 4th level because there may be many number of WBS, like say pumps, motors, compressors, blowers, and so on... so ...  and to book the cost on 3rd level only we need to budget at 3rd level only, then we may have control on boiler cost.. but  dont have control  on costs of sub assembly of boilers, which is our companies requirement.  Regards, Mandar

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mandar,

I explained you in my last reply and  gave you possible options.

You can still continue booking cost at 4th level and settle it to level 3 WBS element. Since you have AVAC activated, you should have sufficient budget at 3rd level, otherwise system prohibits you from settling from 4th level 3rd level, as there is no budget.

Either you have some budget on 3rd level or else disable your AVAC during the settlement process.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Check this note 159850 it may be really helpful.