Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict full credit card numbers through CDPOS table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Recently I discovered that you can pull a full credit card numbers through a table CDPOS using SE16N ,

by entering in the "Table Name" field BUT0CC and CCNUM in the "field name" field

Is it posible to restrict access to credit card data without harming usability of the table?

Thanks,

Julia.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Access to CDPOS can be restricted through authorization group and object S_TABU_DIS. If you are on Basis Rel. 700 or higher, you can also restrict the exact table thru' S_TABU_NAM (refer notes # 1481950 & 1500054).

If you want to restrict just the credit card data field instead of the entire CDPOS table, then you might consider having a custom view created for this table.Your developer will be able to help you in this.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

I do want to restrict just the credit card data,I considered the solution of a view but,

I'm not sure that it's posible to block very specific feeds (BUT0CC, and CCNUM) in the fields

"Table Name" and "field name".

0 Kudos

For restricting certain feeds to the table fields, field exit might be considered. I haven't used it in such a scenerio but its worth a try.

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks

Sandipan