cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Contract Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have a few questions regarding our implementation of SRM and ECC.

FYI, we are planning to use SRM 7.01 and ECC 6.05 as backend.

1. We’re planning to utilize Central Contract Management functionality in SRM, where we negotiate the price in SRM then we distribute the contract to ECC. In ECC we create PR, which have reference to this contract (contract number in SRM is different with ECC). So this PR will have assigned source of supply, is it possible for us then to create PO automatically from tcode ME59? The reason we ask this because we see in documentation that every PO in ECC created with reference to contact in SRM, ECC will need to check first the current price in the SRM contract, so we would like to confirm whether it is working if we use ME59 (we plan to use ME59 as background job and unfortunately we don’t have the testing system yet to verify this).
  2. We’re planning to have PR created in ECC. However we would like to utilize MDM catalog as well. Is it possible that during PR creation we can select items from the catalog?
  3. We’re planning to have implement SRM 7.01 in 2 waves. In first wave we will only use Self Service Procurement and Strategic Sourcing (using classic deployment where the leading PO is in ECC). However in the second wave, we’re planning to implement SUS (Supplier Collaboration). In SUS, we would like to activate the business function, so the vendor will response RFx and participate in auction from SUS itself. The question is…is it possible for us to have it planned like this? For example, in first wave, the RFx and auction will use SRM server itself, however in the second wave, we will switch it to SUS. Our concern is that the switch will happen to the productive server already. Is this okay?

Thanks

Varian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Distribution of Contract is fine. You can have SRM contract in ECC & can create PR accordinly. I do not know about automatic PO creation in MM.

2. I don't think catalog usage is possible in MM.

3. There will not be any issue. With SUS suppliers can check RFx through portal & it can save time for you.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you distribute the central contract to ECC system, it creates a new contract in ECC system.

When you create PR, you can assign this contract as source of supply.

Then automatic PO creation if your settings for automatic PO is maintained.

In ECC 6.04 also catalog integration is possible. So for your version 6.05 there is absolutely no problem. The same OCI interface parameters have to be maintained in MM system for catalog.

Your two stage implementation is absolutely possible.

With Regards,

Malay