cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS: Filename in different Languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement: Filename of the file to be uploaded in SAP DMS in language other than English. Eg. : German,Japanese etc

SAP gives the following error: "Error while checking in and storing file" - Message no. 26253

Do let me know if there is a solution.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I'm not totally sure if I understood your requirement correctly. For the first upload you want to have differnent filenames depending on the logon language? Because this will lead to problems because the system needs to find the file on your PC or the provided path for the upload. So if you modify the filename here the system will not be able to find the file and then raises the error message.

From my point of view I also do not undertand the reason for such a requirement. Maybe you can explain the business scenario further and so we can find an alternative solution.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

Let me explain my issue in detail.

Case 1: file name in different language (other than english) (ERROR)

I have a file Zespół domyślna.txt and want to upload this file into content server. When i try to checkin this file it gives me the error "Error while checking in and storing file" - Message no. 26253.

Case 2: file content in different language (WORKING)

I tried another file ABC.txt with content Zespół domyślna and this file get uploaded successfully into the content server.

Do let me know if there is a solution.

Regards,

Vivek

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

thanks for the clarification. So if you face this kind of error message only with these special characters in the filename I would recommend you to update the content server patch to the latest available version (see SAP note 514500).

For further information regarding this error message please check the entries in the log files of

transaction SLG1.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

Our SAP Content server patch level is 9. I will update the content server patch level and confirm.

SAP Note 1014581 - "Long compid - File name with non english characters" mentions updation of SAP content server patch level to latest as solution.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

francois_stoffels1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

1. Either the Windows filename is too long - Make the filename shorter

OR

2. There are UTF16 characters in the Windows filename - replace the UTF-16 characters in the Windows filename with UTF-8 characters

- example

- Long Dash [ — ] (UTF-16) vs Short Dash [ - ] (UTF-8)