Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual insp stage than Initial Stage of DMR during Cut-over

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I've one scenario for which I want suggestions from you based on your knowledge & experience...

We're planning for cut-over activities for one of our project. And thing which came into our mind is:

We've DMR defined as below wherein Initial Stage is "Normal Inspection-Initial" ['Stage Change' setup for OK as No. of inspections.. 5, New insp. stage 10 and NOT-OK as Rejections 1 New insp. stage 50].

10    X   Skip

20 4   X Normal Inspection - initial

30 4      Normal Inspection - after 1 reject

40 4      Normal Inspection - afer 5 skips

50 6      Tightened after reject

But during final cut-over (Go-Live) it might possible that few of the products are already in the middle of some inspection stage. e.g. Product-A has current inspection stage as 40. But if we assign this DMR to product-A in SAP, system will consider initial stage as 20 again; which should be ideally 40. So business need to again carry out few of extra inspections on the same product.

So how to handle this situation? Do I need to create Quality Level accordingly for each product or any other better solution?

Awaiting for reply.. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one option.

Create a Quality level first & then change the same using  Function module QDBU_Q_LEVEL_POST

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be enough if you only change the quality level in your new system for the products that are not in initial stage in the old system.

Regards
MH

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your input... so did you mean that I should go and change Quality Level (QDL2) for a particular product immediately after 1st lot creation in SAP?

Anytime you did it & how? Thanks.

Regards,

Anup

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should do it before creation of any lots in the new system(it is a part of your cutover). Migrate your products to the new system and right afterwards manually create (QDL1) the quality level for the products you identified.

This way you ensure that right from the start the situation is the same as in the old system, and that e.g. skips are done immediately.

MH