cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exact Location of .SQL files generated by SMIGR_CREATE_DDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am doing an Import (OSDB Migration) and looking at the export dump it seems the files generated by the DDL are located all over the place and I would like to know the correct place they should be in. Correct me if I am wrong but after generating the statement on source system we were supposed to put those files (in our case 3 files) in the sapinst directory BEFORE the export starts so that the actual export would put them in somewhere in the export dump. Apparently sapinst did not put them in the right place.

The output of SMIGR_CREATE_DDL is in COMPLETELY separate directory OUTSIDE of the Export Dump:

APPL1.SQL,  DFACT.SQL,  DODS.SQL

I would like to put those in the correct path in the export directory and trying to find out whether they should be 1) at the same level as the DATA directory shown below or 2) one level up or 3) inside the DATA directory ?

[root@hostbwd BWD_export]# ls

DATA  DB  LABEL.ASC

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The location of SQL files is /<export_dir>/ABAP/DB/<DB TYPE>/  and  keep the SQLFiles.LST file at /<export_dir>/ABAP/DB/.

Regards,

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

After u started the DB instance export, put the SQL files into folder :

/tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERP/LM/COPY/ORA/EXP/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/EXP

Try to find similar above folder.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Asfan

http://sapbasistips.com/blogs

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These <TABART>.SQL files are required during the import . After you create the files on the source system  running SMIGR_CREATE_DDL, please put the file under the following directory

<export_dir>/ABAP/DB/<targetDB-specific-directory>

The targetDB-specific-directory can ORA MSS DB6 etc depending on the target database type.

If you use SAPINST for export , you need to place the generated files in the installation directory and SAPINST will place them in the directory mentioned above. Bottom line is R3load on target looks for <TABART>.SQL files on the directory mentioned.

Regards

Ratnajit