cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Auto Mapping Not Happening For Boolean Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a map for automatic Inbound Port.

After doing value mappings for the first time, we save updated the map.

The problem i am facing is that, even after save update, values are not getting auto mapped for Boolean Type fields only and showing some data in ValueX folder.

So can anyone tell me what should i do to stabilize this so that no value exception occurs and auto value mapping happens for Boolean Type fields.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Please check and confirm if the file in value exception is having appropriate value.

To test this please open the map with same file,Save Update the map after mapping the value and close the map.Now you can either retrigger the same file and test, or open the same file through Import manager and test if the value is getting mapped.

If the problem persists doing a Verify would be of help.

Please update.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I had opened the file and mapped the value manually and save updated the map.

For some time, say day or two, value mapping happens automatically but then the same problem surfaces again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

So if i understand correctly then maps loose this mapping every 2-3 days and requires a SAVE UPDATE to get it working right.

Are you making changes to maps regularly?

Also, is there any particular activity done like schema change?

I would suggest to look into the pattern of this exception and look into traces and logs to see and confirm that this particular field is causing the issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

If you want to achieve automatic value mapping , it is advisable to maintain the remote keys for all the look up values for corresponding remote system

In that case if the file is processed at corresponding port for a remote system, these values will be auto mapped , and you will never face the value exception

Kindly check and revert

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

How can i maintain Key mappings for Boolean type field as i think that there is no option available in Console. please let me know if there is any way to do so.. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankush,

Any updates?

One more query,did you try SAVE option in Test environment and check if issue resurfaces?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Any updates in line with above issue?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Issue has not resurfaced after that. I just did save update for the map when it was containing both values (i.e. true and false) in the XML file. So i am closing this thread as of now.

Thanks for your valueable inputs.

Answers (0)