cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule_Results (BRF+)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I've created a custom initiator that will trigger a workflow every time a user requests super user access.

The question I have is what should the value (Context Parameter) be for the Object Rule_Results in the custom BRF+ initiator that was created.

I'm unclear how this field plays in to the overall workflow.

Thank you,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In summary to your question of the role this field plays in the workflow, the Rule result from the BRF+ rule will determine which path the request/s will take depending on what criteria's it met in your initiator rule, i.e. if it is a new user, go to "Security path" or if it is a "SPM request", go to the SPM owner path etc.

The Rule Result is maintained under the Rule Maintenance section of the MSMP workflow.

Once you have created the new custom initiator and added it to the Rules for the workflow process, you can add the different rule results which you identified within the BRF+ Decision table. The context paremeter can be just simple TEXT entry, but ensure that the entries made are matching (i.e. same spelling/grammer etc). If this is all ok, you should have no problem in making the initiator work.

Then, you obviously have to have maintained all the different paths and have the agents and detours assigned etc.

The final step of linking up the rule result from the rule maintenance page to the paths is the Maintenance of the Route mapping. As you can see, you are linking the Rule result from the custom Initiator rule ID to the Path ID from the "Maintain Paths" screen.

The final step would be to generate the workflow. If all is well, you should be ready to use the custom initiator successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for a response on the matter. I'm not sure I completely get it, but wanted to show the configurations to see if I was on the correct path.

The screenshot shows the error that I'm receiving.

Below is the Rule_Results maintenance Screen

Below is the Maintenance Mapping

Lastly below is the BRF+ configuration (Trig Val = Rule_Results). I've set this Context Parameter to "Priority" same as the maintenance rule.

I'm not sure I've captured everything correctly, but please let me know.

Thank you very much!

Kunal

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal:

Trigger Value (Result) is DIRECT VALUE INPUT.  It is not a Context Parameter here.  You state the Result you want Returned, then you use that result in Maintain Route Mappings in MSMP workflow to state that when the specific trigger value is returned, initiate the desired workflow.

If you selected PRIORITY in the Trig Val column, that is NOT correct.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Your initiator config is the problem. Check the document again and try to reconstruct:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1566

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response. I took away the context parameter and put in the direct value of "True" (free text). Then updated the maintenance rules and dependent structures to reflect the change of true.

However, I'm still getting a similar error:

"Item '0001' resulted to 'True'; cannot resolve path; check routing mapping"

Do I need to generate the MSMP Process Versions after making the change?

Thanks,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajesh,
I followed the document and created the initiator based on the document. Not really sure where the issue is if its not with the Rule_Result.

Thanks,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would regenerate the MSMP process version, but could you "Simulate" the BRFplus intiator rule and check if it does return the correct "RULE_RESULT"?

Many thanks

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

In order it to work the rule results has to be same in

• BRF+
  • GRFNMW_CONFIGURE
  • MSMP

If you don't find the values in GRFNMW_CONFIGURE you can simply add them.

Hope this can solve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve the issue by setting the Rule_Results in all areas to INITIATOR1. I had to update all the workflows and it began to work.

Thank you all for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal,

I just had another thought.

Has the initiator been created as a BRFplus rule rather than a BRFPlus Flat Line rule (i.e. able to split the request line items into different respective paths)?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

To be simple, just give any text in the field. Ex(change_user, New_User, Worflow1)

Maintain the same text in Rule Result of MSMP Rule ID.

Then Map the rule result to a path created.

BRF+ returns a valid rule result, that takes the path it is mapped to.

Regards,

Ajesh.

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Rule_Result should be your BRFResult (output of BRF).

You must have given some result value in BRF under Top Expression and this same should be the results for your Rule Result in MSMP for your Rule ID.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj