cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM pdf documents not displayed on Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implmented 7.1 on Portal 7.02 SP6. The pdf documents open and display fine in MDM but the same documents when tried to view on Portal gives a white blank screen. Other documents like gif are displating fine.

What can be causing this.?

Any help would be highly Appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhash,

If you are working with MDM-Portal Business package then you might be getting this error while working with detail IView, as sometimes, it generates faulty link.

I would suggest you to use List IView to load your PDF, it will generate the working links for PDF file. As as an example:

1. List IView will give you link like:[portalserver]/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.ObjectServer?table=PDFs&id=1&catalogName=[RepositoryName]
  2. Detail IView will give you link like (which will not work):[portalserver]/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.ObjectServer?catalogName=[RepositoryName]&/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.ObjectServertable=PDFs&id=1

Note: You might not get Thumbnail for PDF object as Thumbnails for PDFs have not been implemented. Please refer to Limitations and Known Issues in the Portal link.

You can use MDM Web Dynpro Components rather than using MDM Portal Content. It is more flexible than Portal Content.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tarun,

Thanks for the Reply. We are using Details iView only and the link which is generated while opening the pdf document is http://[portalserver]:[port]/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.Object...

But when I try to create a List iView as you mentioned , I don't see an option for the same , the only options I see for MDM related iViews are :

MDM Item Details

MDM Result Set

MDM Search Attributes

MDM Search Hierarchies

MDM Search Picklists

MDM Search States

MDM Search Texts

MDM Search Using Qualifiers

Looking forward to your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Subhash,
Did you set 'Allow invalid PDFs' property to 'Yes' in repository properties? If not, then please make change and follow the following steps:
  1. Stop repository
  2. Start repository
  3. Login to Portal and try to open PDF. If this does not work:
    • Stop MDM connector using Visual Admin.
    • Start and then try.

Hope this will help you..!!

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I set that property, stopped and started th repository ,re-started the Portal and now PDF documents are getting displayed on Portal

Answers (0)