cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC with Two clients talking to TWO Integration servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope some one can suggest a way. I have gone through the forums and found some alternatives, which seems not working. I will list them here as well

Requirement

Two Clients of the same ECC system needs to connect with Different PI systems

ECC/100 Needs to connect with PI 7.0

ECC 200 Needs to connect with PI 7.1

These are the client independent tasks which i took care

I tried creating LCRSAPRFCCLNT100 and LCRSAPRFCCLNT200 (EXCHANGE_PROFILE_GET_PARAMETER) looks for these before it picks LCRSAPRFC. So this should work

SAPSLDAPI created same as above, like SAPSLDAPICLNT100/SAPSLDAPICLNT200. Not sure this works.

SLDAPICUST has two entries for two SLDs

Client Dependent

SXMB_ADM pointed to respective Integration System

With the above steps, i am unable to achieve the results. I would like to use this for ABAP Proxy Communications. Please let me know if i am missing on anything. Thanks in advance    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check William's blog titled  Consumer and Provider ABAP Proxy Service to Multiple SAP Netweaver Systems Using PI7.1 - http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3797

The document talks about using the WS Adapter to be able to connect to multiple Integration Servers.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, this is not an option at this time.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked my previous reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen

yes, I did check your reply. Thanks and sorry for the delayed reply.

IC doesn't in my case, because i have Mappings with Value Mapping

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap pi wrote:

Praveen

yes, I did check your reply. Thanks and sorry for the delayed reply.

IC doesn't in my case, because i have Mappings with Value Mapping

It does not matter, your configuration is regular classical (or) ICO. The concept will work. I tested this.

How To Set Up the Communication between ABAP Backend and SOAP Adapter using XI Protocol (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody have an idea on the following parameter, rather than sub param with BATCHUSER, can we use this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to have two Https destinations pointing to each of the integration server and use them in SXMB_ADM->Integration Engine Configuration.

Runtime - IS_URL is the partameter - Current Value should be dest://HTTPDestination to Integration Server.

You need to create it for two Integration Servers. Subparameter is what holds the control. You need to maintain Subparameter with userid / batchuser using which u control the data extraction from Source Application to PI.

Regards,

Lakshman V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshman

This seems to be an option and i am on the right track. I also found the following URL which talks the same. I need to nail down on some issues

Setting up specific user to run these jobs to make sure it uses the right integration URL

Also i have used different business systems because the clients are different. I have to check this can be taken care

http://scn.sap.com/people/sandro.garofano2/blog/2009/09/02/connect-sap-application-system-to-multipl...

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created RFC destination of type "H" from ECC to your PI system?

Thanks,

Prasanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that has been taken care as well

One thing i have to mention is those SLD contents are very different. Both are pretty unique in their own way

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Check in SXMB_ADM in your ECC system, if your global configuration data looks correctly?

You can check if IS_URL runtime parameter with your Http destination is defined with the value you have created.

2) And perform sldcheck on two clients in ECC to see if it is pointing to its respective PI system SLD's.

3) Go to tcode sproxy in ECC system and see if you can view your ESR objects

Thanks,

Prasanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I created the entries. It is pointing to the right PI systems as expected. I have entered the Dest:RFCDEST_TYPE_H and its working.

When i Check, it currently displays an error with the following error

"Check "Corresponding Integration Server""

2 SLDCHECK still pointing to the PI 7.0 and not 7.1

3. SPROXY connecting to correct PI 7.1

My question is, can this be achievable at all. If yes, are there any possible ways.

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel...logically it shud be possible.

>>>  SLDCHECK still pointing to the PI 7.0 and not 7.1

Did u check in ECC client 200? If so, check in your sldapicust what is the hostname you have provided.

>>When i Check, it currently displays an error with the following error

"Check "Corresponding Integration Server""

Have u defined the corresponding integration server value as "dest://yourhttpdestination to 7.1"

Thanks,

Prasanthi

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark already pointed out one possible approach using WS-Adapter. There is one more approach which has more features provided your application and PI systems meet prerequisites section in the below document.

How To Set Up the Communication between ABAP Backend and SOAP Adapter using XI Protocol (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...)

Regards,
Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC/100 Client has been working for a while. We have cloned 100 to 200 to integrate with different instance. Yes, we have defined dest:PI7.1

The check obsolete is what i heard for this release