cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHL: import Tracking Request wsdl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have to develop a new synchronous interface to manage Tracking Request with DHL.

DHL gave me the link to their WSDL:

https://wsb.dhl.com/gbl/glDHLExpressTrack?WSDL

I'm trying to import it as an external definition in Interface Objects.

I have imported it as WSDL, no error, but in "Messages" tab there is nothing, therefore when I try to create related Message Interfaces, there is no message to choose.

Am I doing something wrong?

I think this is standard DHL interface, no-one of you as encountered problems?

Thanks

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

could anyone of you please do me a favour?

Could you try to import this wsdl definition in your XI system and tell me if it works correctly (I mean, if it creates Messages in Message Tab)?

https://wsb.dhl.com/gbl/glDHLExpressTrack?WSDL

Thanks,

Fabio

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Here are the steps that I have followed, it worked fine for me:

1. Open the URL you mentioned in a web browser, display source and save as a local file.

2. In PI, choose New -> Interface Objects -> External Definition, type a name and create it. Make sure Category is set to "wsdl", locate the local file and import it to PI. Do not forget to save changes. Under messages, you should see the following.

3. Create new Service Interface, set Category to Outbound, Mode = Synchronous, for Request and Response choose Type = External Message, and choose your messages. Make sure that the External Definition is under the same SWCV as the Service Interface, otherwise you will not see it on the list.

4. While creating the Message Mapping, choose the message from the External Definition from the list.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

thanks for your help!!

I've followed exactly your indications, but still no luck.

When I import wsdl and activate it, there is no error, but messages tab is still empty.

I've also tried to import wsdl file in SOAPUI, and it works great, it shows me all the messages.

At this point, I don't know what to say, maybe is a problem of my PI? is a too old version? I don't know what tho think...

Thanks,

Fabio

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your PI version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from XI Administration-->Repository I can see this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

what is your PI version? Do you believe that this could be the problem?

thanks

Fabio

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to import WSDL in PI7.1 & 7.3 versions and message types are visible.

However, when I imported in a PI7.0 version and it is not reflecting message types. Seems issue with previous PI versions.

- praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steps:

Download WSDL file from the link

Step2:

Validate WSDL using XML editor.

Step3:

import valid WSDL in to PI and start using objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have done that, but in "Messages" tab I don't see nothing.

So when I'm creating Message Interface I'm not able to select the message.

Fabio

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have imported valid structure it should show that but it looks WSDL is having some issue i beleive like may be when you downloaded some special characters addedd .

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>but in "Messages" tab there is nothing, therefore when I try to create related Message Interfaces, there is no message to choose

Choose message type as external and then you will see the wsdl messages. Since your import wsdl does not give any error. You do the above.

You dont need to create message types. In your service interface choose message type as external and follow the screenshot as below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me Baskar,

Where do I have to choose "Message type as external"?

Fabio

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In service interface or message interface screen.  Where you can choose request and response message type. There choose as the screen shot above

Few cents...

I believe that your imported WSDL without any error.  If you have wsdl import unsuccesful, then you dont see messages in the mesg tab of external definition screen.  You can validate Wsdl using xmlspy or some tool and see wsdl has any error too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

problem is that I can't see any wsdl message.

Fabio

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means your WSDL might be wrong or when you import as external definition something happened to the wsdl. Please delete the old one and re import again with different name as wsdl name. Please check whether that helps. Also check whether wsdl file is valid or not using SOAPUI or XMLSPY. If the file is invalid, you will not see messages. Hope that helps