cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate PI with SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am integrating ECC -> PI -> SNC system (and vice versa). So far, I have done following steps:

1) Established the connectivity between ECC and PI (for idoc communication)

2) Downloaded the SNC content (tpz) into PI.

Now, what next to be done?

Using which protocol we will send mesages to SNC system?

Thanks

Vasant 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me make the point clear. If your PI version is 7.1 and below, you might not able to use SOAP adapter (XI mode). In this case, you have to use client proxy and you need to generate proxies on the sender side, if you get messages from Sender system.  Please check with requirement team about interface and protocol supporting details.  If your Pi version is 7.11 and 7.3, you can follow the link provided in my previous reply. This link provides details for using SOAP adapter for XI message protocol for both AAE and dual stack as well 7.11 ehp. Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to use standard content, use ABAP proxy for communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we will use standard content (SNC ESR contents) and we just need to create a xml file (which needs to be dump on SNC server) so can i use File adapter for the same??

Or is there any specific reason to go with ABAP proxy??

If i am not wrong communication from and to SNC only based on XML format so which all PI adapters i can use one of them surely will be File ??

Thanks!!

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check below link and underatnd the process.. File adapter is not recomended to use to connect SNC.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2025e762-936f-2c10-20b6-c84c0ea0c...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Raja and Prateek for the reply!!

In above doc, the XI adapter is used in case while sending the message from PI to SNC system

1) so do i need to generate the proxies also in SNC system when message is send to SNC?

2) which adapter to use in case when SNC is sending the XML message?

Thanks!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>which adapter to use in case when SNC is sending the XML message?

You can use SOAP adapter

Refer this link for connecting soap adapter to abap backend,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks.

My sender system is SAP SNC system so can i really use SOAP adapter? How SNC system will consume the standard SNC structure available in PI and send message to PI?

If there is any doc available please share the same with me.

Thanks

Vasant

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

When you use ABAP proxy communication at receiver side then you need XI adapter to send PI message to SNC system by using proxy call. you have to genarate proxy in SNC system.

If you want send XML data to SNC File system then you can try with File adapter but before that underatsnd your requirement and then decide Proxy required or not.

Mostly we use Proxy communication to connect SNC system.

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender system SNC means use ABAP client proxy , this is preferable approch(best approach) not SOAP adapter.

First underatnd how SNC--PI integration works by searching in SCN.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer my above link...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

The reason why i am asking this becoz the SAP SCN guy is not so sure about the protocol which we can use to send and receive messages to/from SNC.

He only knows that for instance XML Despatch Delievery Notification will trigger from SNC and update the ECC system (using IDOC) but how xml will come in PI is mysterious and same while the message delivers to SAP SNC?

However, based on all of your inputs i will try to develop the scenario and try to get more clarity from SAP person and tomm will get back to you on this.

Thanks!!

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

From SNC to PI you can use abap proxy communication and from PI system you can use idoc receiver adapter for transferring Delivery notification messages to your ECC system.

Thanks,

Prasanthi