cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII in a Single Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through SAP MII Best practice guide to understand the architecture. Well, I am still trying to understand this as the architecture suggests to have a Dev and Production environments per plant.

I am trying to understand this statement " Each MII site (plant or plant cluster) should have at least a Development and Production server. A third, QA, instance is desirable. The two (or three) server configuration and installations should be identical for fast and easy promotion from Development (to QA) to Production environments", does it mean one MII is Integrated to shopfloor systems and we do need addtional DEV,PROD & QA Systems. How we gone a test the content end of the day connecting theses additional systems to shopfloor? I have no idea, can someone please help me to understand this.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,
In any Plant three server are ideal.One for Development where we can develop the code required (or modify the code also),second one is for QA that means quality where we can test the developed code (or changed code) with some test data.This is a in-editable server, we can't edit the code in that server.And the final one is the Production Server which is actually connected to the shop-floor.If any development or change in code is successfully passed in QA and get approved, then only it moves to the Production system.Production system controls and executes the whole flow of MII the shopfloor.Here also we can't edit any code.

The Flow is like that :

Dev System (to develop code or change the code if needed) ---> QA system (to test the developed code or changed code with some sample data ideally same like production data) ---> Production system (The server which directly connected to the shop floor)

Hope it will clear your doubt.

thanks & Regards,
Suman