cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo quantity and price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are implementing credit memo to correct invocece. I am afraid that I am not clearly understand meaning of price condition and quantity field in credit memo document.

Please could you explain me how to fill  data in my exaples (just give me amount for price and quantity for my 3 examples):

initial invoce q = 100 price = 100

sample 1 : I want to reduce quantity to 95 and leave the same price (customer  will be billed for 95 pc by 100 EUR)

sample 2:  I want to reduce price from 100 to 80 leaving the same quantity (customer will  be billed for 100 pc by 80 EUR)

sample 3 : I want to reduce price  from 100 to 70 but only for 20 pc. (customer will be billed for 80 pc by 100 EUr and for 20pc by 70 EUR)

Thank a lot for you help.

Andrey Garshin,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have cash discount in your system configured, you can extend the same, and I think that way without changing the quantity you can reduce the net value of the invoice.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

There is some difference in understanding. Let me try if I can make things clear.

The credit memo or debit memo (any correction to invoice) is only a correction to invoice and not a correction to quantity.

If there is a correction to invoice, you should be creating a credit memo request or debit memo request for the invoice you have created. In this order, it is advisable not to tamper the quantity or material number. The only thing you can change is the value of some condition types so that you can create the credit memo request for the desired value. This implies that an invoice for X quantity was created but with incorrect values. In order to rectify the correction in the value, the credit memo request is created. In order to state the correct reason, you may decide to use some texts in these requests which can be carried to the Credit or Debit notes, which will be created by referencing these requests.

Also I would prefer the values in credit memos be updated manually and not automatically as the value will be known only after analysing the invoice. This is the case unless you are giving a special credit to all the customer with a specific value.

If there is a correction in quantities, you should ideally be working on your deliveries and not on invoices. The issue in that case is altogether different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answer.

Example 1 is not meter of credit memo.

But  examples 2 and 3 are still actual.  Quantity is not changed but I need to change price.

Example 2 is more or less clear. Quantity  is the same and I set PRICE DIFFERENCE in price condition.

What about example 3? I need to change price only for part of whole quantity. Another part is invoced with old price.

Is it correct to enter only those part of quantity for wich I want to change price and price difference?

(see my suggestion)

Andrey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

If you have already billed your customer with wrong price either because of wrong quamtity or wrong price.. you can create a invoice correction request (Std order type RK). Only thing is that Billing reference is must to create a RK document.

Before creating a RK doc you change your conditions as required and while creating correction request in VA01 you can carry out new pricing for second line item.

Or else you can just reduce the quantity fom 100 to 80.

please go through link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/55feeb545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Keep in mind that this is order related billing so there is no stock adjustment will happen even if you are creating request and billing with reduced quantity.

for sample 3 you must create a credit memo for 20Pc for which you have reduced the price.

Hope thi helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you for answer. In result of my diging and you answer I have got following picture:

1. Changing price:

------------------------

1.1 Debet or credit request with following  memo. Price difference is pointed in condition value.

1.2 Invoice correction request (RK) and following debet + credit memo. Debet memo in fact cancel bill doc item and credit memo implement new data.

2. Changing quantity:

2.1 Return request and following inbound delivery and credit memo (to reduce invoce quantity + stock)

2.2 Invoice correction (RK) and following memos (to change only invoice quantity without changing stock)

===============

BUT I still have one unresolved issue (example 3 above):

How could I leave same invoce quantity but reduce price only for part of invoced quantity.

Andrey Garshin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a sugestion, please confirm or deny it

sample 1 :

-----------

quantity - 5 , price condition - 100 EUR

sample 2:

----------

quantity - 100 price condition - 20

sample 3:

-----------

quantity - 20 price condition - 30

Thank for you help.

Andrey Garshin.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"In sample 1 : I want to reduce quantity to 95 and leave the same price (customer  will be billed for 95 pc by 100 EUR)"

Firstly Credit Memo Request cannot be used to to reduce Quantity. For this you will have to create Returns Order, Create Returns Delivery & create a Credit memo. Alternatively, you will have to cancel India, Reverse the Post Goods Issue & create Delivery / PGI for 95 Quantity & subsequently create new Invoice.

For reducing adjusting the prices, you will have to maintain necessary condition Repords & system will pick them while creating Credit Memo.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be it credit memo or debit memo, value should not be keyed in manually.  System should propose the value automatically based on the condition record you maintain.

You can only change the quantity but not the value.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I do not want to correct value manually.

Saying about correction of price I mean changing of price condition.  Could you tell me value for quantity and price condition wich I should enter to get result from my example.

Andrey