cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls. help with Installation of Web AS 6.40 SR 1 ABAP & Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am outing myself now as the complete newbie to Web AS installation... but I need some help already with the first steps.

We have already installed the Web AS for ABAP, the intention is to run a test installation of XI on this server. Now we need to add the Java part - and on the installation DVD we have several points for Java and don't know which one to take... I read so many guides now but cannot really figure out:

do I need to choose

Java Add-in for ABAP -> central or

Java system -> central system -> custom mode

Does XI operate on the same SID for the Web AS or do I have two later, one for ABAP and one for Java ?

Thanks for any hint !

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need the java add-in for abap

the web as abap is the basis for the installation of the java system, which will be installed as add-in.

there is only one SID for both java and abap.

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot !

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hi christiane,

i am currently installing Web AS ABAP.

i am now stuck up in the DB instance installation.

i am getting an error stating :

" Unable to open RFC port"

can you please help me out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish:

I'm getting the same error as you. I've tried increasing the memory heap size, because I've seen in other forums that this could be the cause but it didn't solve the problem. If you find the solution for this issue please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

I think you installed WAS 6.4 ABAP system.I need some help during installation WAS6.4 ABAP system.I am getting error during Database instance installtion when using Export DVD.

Can u plz provide complete installation of ABAP system parameters that i have to pass during installtion.

regards

Usman