Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP subcontracting standard solution with one location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is anybody aware of any standard SNP subcontracting scenario (no ABAP) where:

- There is only one location in the supply chain model (i.e. no source location as vendor)

- The BOM (PPM) explosion is done in the single plant modeled in SNP

- Goods receipt / purchase requisitons etc follow the standard SAP R/3 subcontracting scenario - that means the APO SNP solution should be integrated to the classical MM subcontracting solution

- The BOM structure is as follows:

Finished product     (produced by subcontractor and sent to requesting plant from subcontractor)

Semifinished product (produced by subctonractor and goods receipt to requesting plant as subcon stock)

Raw material (sent from requesting plant to the subcontractor)

Therefore, the solution that I would be after would have 2 production orders (one for the semifinished product and one for the finished product, but of course there could be more or less BOM levels; this is the classical case) and corresponding subcon purchase requisitions / purchase orders in R/3.

The customer that I am doing work for currently has the following SNP solution, and this solution is causing problems when it comes to user acceptance and complexity:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/71/78573da974c729e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Now, as far as I know, there is a standard subcontracting PPDS solution with only one location, namely the following:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/7b/acee39d9a72440e10000000a114084/content.htm

But this one will not help us due to internal reasons (customer wants an SNP solution).Any ideas?

Best regards,

Ozgur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ozgur,

Standard sub-contracting scenario should work in SNP similar to PPDS. You have to maintain SNP PDS or PPM and create T lane based on Pur. Info record contract with sub-contracting indicator. You should run multi level heurisitc to generate PReqs for BOM. Rest of the sub-contracting works as usual.

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: Are you saying that there is an SNP subcontracting solution without source location? Because I know the SNP subcon solution with source location. This is the one we would like to change, and I know that it works. But I am looking for an SNP solution with just one plant (without the vendor plant) just like in PPDS subcon solution without source location.

I have been searching for days now and I cannot find any docu related to that, that tells me that this is probably not standard (and not existing).

So if you really mean that there is such a solution (again, without source location / vendor location meaning with just one plant), I would be happy if you could give me specifics about master data, prerequisites, R/3 settings etc...

Regards,

Ozgur