SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is system Down time required for FM Go-live

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

We are on the verge of going live with EA-PS 6.0. Although I need to understand one thing.

1) Do we require any down time before going live on Funds Management?

2) What are the things to consider before going live?

Any inputs with regards to the above questions are welcome.

Regards,

Dhruv

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'down time'. Do you mean if you should close the system? In this case, only if you perform migration to FM tables, but it should not be a long process. As for go-live itself, you should decide on approach with old documents, which were created before FM implementation. You might have to migrate them to FM tables, entering FM account assignment via standard SAP tools, i.e. FMCN.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Yes We thought of closing the system for some time. As far as old documents are concerned, we have decided to upload budget from June onwards only. Hence there is not need to update the old documents.

However I think that system might require to shut down because we will be uploading the budget on the morning of June and then releasing it. After all this activity we shall be Activating FM for the Company Code. I hope this approach is correct. Fingers Crossed.

Regards,

Dhruv

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to upload the budget could require to stop the activities, but it's just an issue of several minutes (technically). As for the old documents, make sure that you don't have open ones: for example, imagine a PO, for which you don't do FM assignment, and there is a credit note for good receipt arriving. You might get a problem, then.

Regards,

Eli