cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flat file to Asynch RFC: R3 not getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have a flat file to asynch RFC scenario.I can see the file getting deleted and the chequered flag in MONI.In adapter monitoring i can see the message being processed for the RFC.But it has to update an R3 table which is not getting done.

Can anybody give ideas where the problem lies...in earlier blogs someone had suggested to check sm58 but dnt know what to give the inputs for this...

help highly appreciated and points will be awarded

regards,'

Nisheeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Execute the RFC independently and check if the values are getting updated.

2. Recheck if you have commit work in your RFC.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do check your RFC separately by executing in R/3. See if its updating the table properly. I think there is no error in XI part.

Also see for the inputs to the RFC from XI.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

RFC is working fine from se37 in R3.It is updating the table

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a check with the data that is coming from xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

check for system logs then you will find error for RFC from XI .

please reward point

Thnaks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nisheeta

can u take the payload and test it in the proxy? moreover if ur are an abaper u can try debugging it also...hope ur proxi is activated and method is implemented.

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Sorry i am not good in ABAP.Can you plase tell where to look for this proxy and method??

regards,

Nisheeta

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

goto the tcode sproxy and then u can find ur interface there. generate and then activate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it has reached R/3 now it failing in R/3. if you rfc adater is green

if you dont see any message in SM58 then check St21 or St22 system log .it shows error

details of RFC program.

please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

he is using RFC not proxy .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prabhu,

But i am not using any proxies in my scenario...do i still need to see this

Former Member
0 Kudos

not required do as i said before .

please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u r not using proxies this is not req

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u have used rfc test ur rfc independently

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sreeram,

i havnt checked the message in sm58.What is the trfc function and destination i need to give there??

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

execute the transaction sm58. do a f1 help on the trfc f/n and select the entry coresponding to ur requiement. post the log u fin there

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any errors reported?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am still not able to track the error.Actually the rfc is in sap29 and Xi server is sap27.Do i see this SM58 in sap29??....if yes what is the trfc name and destination to be given.....m still very confused....plz help

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes u need to check SM58 in sap29. give a wildcard search(*) and post the log, if any.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nisheeta,

1)I hope your Receiver RFC adpater is working fine (In adapter monitoring it should be green)

2) As you mentioned that your RFC is working correctly with the given inputs (which in this case you are passing thru file, right?). Just check oncemore.

3) Call transaction SM58 . This tool lists only those transactonal RFCs that could not be carried out successfully or that had to be planned as batch jobs. The list includes the LUW ID and an error message. Error messages displayed in SM58 are taken from the <b>target system</b>. To display the text of the message, double-click on the message.

so u have to check in sap29...

Regards

Suraj

PS: <b>Guyz stop asking for points, let her problem get solved first... Thanks</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suraj,

yes my RFC is working fine(showing green).The rfc is also updating the table when testing from SE37.

In SM58 it is asking for function module name...i am giving the rfc name but it is not showing any result for it(i hope i am doing it right??)

Can you please suggest anything else??

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

instead of giving a f/n mod name just give * and execute the selection screen. if any logs found check which is more relevant to u or just post it..we will try to figure it out

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that means either ur RFC is not having error or you are specifying wrong name... As told by prabhu give a search for all RFC fns name... BTW is this the first scenario with the sap29 R3??

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Thankyou all for ur answers.My scenario is working fine now....actually the problem was the input data from ABAP....so i guess XI was right all the time

points have been awarded to all

regards,

Nisheeta

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good... now you can close this thread by clicking on the radio button "solved"...

Regards

Suraj