Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused RFC problem

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our SAP-PI 7.0 (PX2) system is a new server cloned from existing one(PX7).  In both the systems SAP-PI is making an RFC to SAP-ISU system.

PX7 continues to work without errors where as in new cloned system PX2 I am getting errors in communication channel. The error is

"Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.af.mp.module.ModuleException: call to messaging system failed: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused caused by: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"

This error is not continuous but occuring after some intervals of time. There is no error in acceptance but production is throwing error. Thus in my view we are missing some configuration in production XI. This maybe a SAP-BASIS issue but we need suggestions. Please kindly let me know if you have faced such issues.  

Regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since this is intermittent it could be due to;

1. Load on ISU - confirm this

2. Load balancing - try to use load balancing

3. Maximum no of connections - try to increase the parameter in the adapter

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thank you so much for your kind response. Please could you provide some links to load balancing. Secondly please could you state which parameter value should I check to get max RFC connections value

Regards

Anupam

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the RFC adapter check the load balancing option and the required details to be filled in there should be obtained through your basis team.

Reg. max connections, there should be a check box in the adapter. increase the value to a range of 50-100

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Adapter parameter values are same in acceptance as well as in production. Although i tried changing the values in production and reverted back again as it was not helping.

I feel there is something wrong when new PI system was configured.

Regards

Anupam 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

it is possible that it's configuration related, but due to intermittent nature of your problem it's not very likely.

What about IS-U, do you see anything there in the target system (basis stuff: SMGW traces)?

Network layer, firewalls, DNS servers, local /etc/hosts file, local routing configuration, some other issues here (ask your CN team)?

Are you able to determine other activities on you acceptance system, when this error occurs (e.g. high message load or something)?

Regards,

Peter

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the error was in SLD parameter

SLDAccess as part of com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc, this is set to false this should be true. XI gets the required information as to whom to send messages from this parameter. In case the value is set to false it sends messages to default URL instead of correct one.

Thank you so much for your kind response. closing the thread.

Regards

Anupam

Answers (0)