cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Levelling in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to setup capacity leveling using SNP heuristics.

I am trying to understand how Capacity planning would work ; please share your thoughts:-

Scenario 1:

Product “Prod1”; has two PDS:

1.       PDS1 (Op -10: Res X and Op-20: Res Y)

2.       PDS2 (Op -10: Res P and Op -20: Res Q)

During SNP planning run Res Y gets overloaded.

Will capacity leveling (background) shift the load to PDS2?

Scenario 2:

Product “Prod1”; has two PDS:

1.       PDS1 (Op -10: Res X and Op-20: Res Y)

2.       PDS2 (Op -10: Res P and Op -20: Res Q)

X and P are alternate resource; similarly Y and Q are alternative; i.e. if Y gets overloaded no need to shift to PDS 2; just replacing Res Y with Res Q will be fine – How can this be achieved?

My basics requirement is how to define alternative resource which can be used for capacity leveling.

Regards,

AC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Scenario 1: SNP capacity leveling execution in background (/SAPAPO/SNP05) with 'Alternative Resources', considers the alternative resources based on different PDS i.e. Y's over load will be shifted to Q provided there is capacity available.

Scenario 2: SNP PDS supports one mode only. For each mode, you need to generate a SNP PDS (based on production version value while generating the integration model). Alternative sequence/Parallel sequence of ECC are supported only in PP/DS with alternative modes.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh for the reply:

"Scenario 1: SNP capacity leveling execution in background (/SAPAPO/SNP05) with 'Alternative Resources', considers the alternative resources based on different PDS i.e. Y's over load will be shifted to Q provided there is capacity available. "

- Does that mean PDS2 would be used insted of PDS1 if load is shifted from Y to Q.

Regards,

AC

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

That's correct. The source of supply of shifted load will be PDS2.

Thanks,
Rajesh